1 hour ago, minion said:

Did anyone have a go pro running or take a video from when that front came through in the Monroe county / genny area ? IMG_1094.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That Pic takes me back to when I was 12 in a 14'er with my dad out of Fairhaven when we said to each other....thats a weird cloud.  Needless to say we learned what that brings.  

That Pic takes me back to when I was 12 in a 14'er with my dad out of Fairhaven when we said to each other....thats a weird cloud.  Needless to say we learned what that brings.  

Yikes I wouldn’t even wanna think about that I’m almost certain this front would have thrown a 14 ft lol

6 minutes ago, minion said:

Yikes I wouldn’t even wanna think about that I’m almost certain this front would have thrown a 14 ft lol

LOL, your right, it scared me straight on Lake O.....37 years later (not to date myself) I remember it like yesterday.  We were close enough to be OK and when we started coming in to the state launch (I think it was) I remember is the dunes sand blasting the boat coming in and the small boat behind us bailing water.  Mother nature.....

We weathered the storm pretty good - had lots of boat beneath us. No lightning thankfully. When that starts it's time to get out of Dodge. 

Been fishing Lake O since 82 and never saw one come up this hard and this fast.  The USCG put out a security call about 1 minute before it hit. We were saying we better pull lines and then we were in it almost immediately.  Had a full spread with  boards, copper, lead and dipseys so it's not a quick deal to get back into cruise mode so we rode it out. 

Chuck

14 hours ago, Fat Trout said:

We had a bad storm late 80

We were lucky we got to our dock when intense lightning hit PYC

It lasted quite some time

had a strong storm catch me off guard 4 yrs ago

It came from the east

Torrential rain  and lightning 

A warning for small boaters

This lake can be dangerous 

Last night storms moving 40 mph 20210907_202027.thumb.jpg.afc54e070b44f2e38bfe6a5c38d4c0cf.jpg

• Like 1

We weathered the storm pretty good - had lots of boat beneath us. No lightning thankfully. When that starts it's time to get out of Dodge. 

Been fishing Lake O since 82 and never saw one come up this hard and this fast.  The USCG put out a security call about 1 minute before it hit. We were saying we better pull lines and then we were in it almost immediately.  Had a full spread with  boards, copper, lead and dipseys so it's not a quick deal to get back into cruise mode so we rode it out. 

Chuck

Yes we pulled about 2 min to late … Saw water start getting pulled off the surface up toward the sky and that was enough for me then the wind pushed my boat like it was a toy … glad I witnessed it and it was beautifully scary lol

I was also out there and when we saw it coming we picked up as fast as we could but it was to late I had to drive into it to braddocks marina. Let’s just say I have never been so scared in my life. We got caught in at least 7-9 ft swells in a 21 ft boat and got hit with a water spout in the mix. Said my peice with god for a moment cause I honestly thought I wasn’t going to see my wife and kids again it was that bad. Thankfully my son wasn’t with us because he probably would never go on a boat again after that. Glad everyone out there made it in safe. Here’s a video 

I wanted to go out in my 16 ft but thought better about it after the forecast so I fished bass at the mouth of Sandy . 

It was a south  west wind and it looked good close but you could see it was,choppy out farther . 

I saw 2 boats go out . A 17 ft v hull and a 17 ft low gunnel bass boat with makeshift manual  riggers and 2 guys and a kid . The guy driving the boat had a big carefree smile on his face . This was about 45 min before the big blow . I could see the weather coming and almost said something like  " it's going to get bad " as they  drove by me but regrettably ,  did not  . I was just  back at my cottage when all of a sudden the house shook and the trees were going wild . 

I worried about those guys . 

The weather forecasts  have gotten more and more accurate over the years. So you need to be aware . 

But more importantly , use your head . 

I was also out there and when we saw it coming we picked up as fast as we could but it was to late I had to drive into it to braddocks marina. Let’s just say I have never been so scared in my life. We got caught in at least 7-9 ft swells in a 21 ft boat and got hit with a water spout in the mix. Said my peice with god for a moment cause I honestly thought I wasn’t going to see my wife and kids again it was that bad. Thankfully my son wasn’t with us because he probably would never go on a boat again after that. Glad everyone out there made it in safe. Here’s a video 

Doesn’t open
Glad u made it back

16 hours ago, Chris sidoti said:

IMG_3511.mov

The clip is no longer there.....

I was out and that was some crazy sh,,.Did you get the  2 rainbows prior to that nutso stuff? The one was the most vivid rainbow i have seen from end to end.

IMG_2273.thumb.JPG.eeb459c9a9af2c8111acedbeb34357ef.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario Unitedpic taken from Sandy pond. Funnel heading north toward Lakeview
  • Like 1