Walleyes

wallaholic

Headed out Saturday evening with some friends.  I have been drooling 🤤 all summer to get a window of opportunity to go.  We fished from 8pm to 11 pm and managed some nice specimens.  The big one tipped at 11 lbs 6 oz and was delivered to the taxidermist.  It was his biggest to date and he doesn’t get to do it very often so it a fish to reflect on every time he looks at it on the wall.  We will be back on the hunt again this weekend.  

18D99D44-F5DC-4D65-BFC8-5F015BAFD82E.jpeg

553543C8-0BD7-469F-AC9C-4F8856518BC5.jpeg

747E3A39-4B1E-4036-BE2E-09F0DD557AA1.jpeg

C04EDE52-9D32-41F5-86A8-827331F88E5A.jpeg

D68F06A1-1C1E-4114-A292-1E006AB498F9.jpeg

• Like 3

nice job guys!  Lots of options this time of year for trolling and casting day and night.  Couple 9s and a 10 tonight.   Really it's been good all season though for big fish and numbers.  I enjoy getting fish down 35 feet and top water the same day.  Having a good bite on big plugs and small spoons and cranks the same day.  Shows you that there is a broad range for walleye.  

Its been tougher than normal this year on the eastern basin for me. The big days are far in between. When I'm trolling over great marks and not moving a rod ive been tempted to load up the riggers and boards with either spoon or spinners with worms but never do. Anyone having any luck with the walleye meat rigs in the eastern basin during summer/late summer?

There is no best lure....don't fall in love with anything and keep the walleyes honest.  I try all my techniques, tricks, and lures every year.  Especially when I'm catching....that's the best time to compare lures.  Only way to be confident is to keep testing when they cooperate and each year you will find a lure or two that's a little better or a lot better.  I haven't hardly caught a fish on big lures here trolling in years and this year at dusk it's my go-to.  Did fish on deep hj14s, top 20 rogues, tdd11s, tdd13s, and reef runner 800s this evening.  Started my birthday fishing a day early and popped a nice 9+ trolling this morning on a little number 7 stick I painted right before I left the dock.  Lost a bigger one this afternoon on a little crankbait I also painted this morning.KIMG0861.thumb.JPG.510e8fb7f8670acfe057a3bc91e6acb3.JPG

KIMG0862.JPG

• Like 3