Another Kicker question/advice

m089221

I'm remodeling/rebuilding this Sylvan 22ft Offshore and want to put a 10hp kicker on the back but I don't believe I have the room to hang it right next to the main motor. Does anyone have a picture of how they mounted a kicker to a transom of this shape. Thought of a kicker bracket but want to use a power trim option and not sure if you can put a Panther tilt trim on one of their brackets.PXL_20210831_230324802.jpgPXL_20210831_230306574.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i have a panther spacer in front of my panther tilt and trim (lift) the spacer gives more motor clearance when the motor is tilted. but any way would it help if i went down and measured the width and height on the panther model 35 to see if you have room. by the way i have a brand new open box model 35 i'll take 450.00 plus shipping if you want it. i think it cost 568.00 plus shipping for a new one. this one hasn't even been mounted. you might as well save a ab 150'00. i bought it and never needed it. i got by changing the motor and actuator on mine. they work great if you want power tilt on a kicker without having it.

how do plan to steer your little motor. the ez steer is one option but the coat is a little high. another option for 2 outboards is the kicker motor steering on eBay. the ez steer connects on the rear and is supposed to be self adjusting. and is left on at all times. the other one mounts on the front and is very easy to remove when tilting either motor. but the best option is the garmin reactor 40 autopilot with ghc. if you have a gps thats compatible with the garmin you dont need the ghc. with ghc 2599.00 without ghc 2299.00. hope this helps.

• Like 1

My transom is similar in shape to yours. I was able to previously fit a 2015 Mercury 15 hp and this year fit a 2021 Yamaha 8 hp by the main motor. When the two are connected to each other they turn at the same time so there is no issue with the big engine hitting the kicker. Your transom may have less space compared to mine but the new Yamaha's are very slim. Weight is another consideration, the further from the center you put your kicker the more the boat will lean/roll. I got rid of the mercury because it weighed 45 pounds more than the Yamaha and that made a big difference in weight distribution on my 19.5' center console aluminum boat, just something to consider with a bracket on the edge of your boat.  

tran.jpg

tran2.PNG

• Like 1

Great Laker thanks for the pics!! I'm planning on a steering linkage on the back of the motor that turns them both at the same time. Also want to use a master troll system for trolling. I haven't seen the other system of steering that is in front of the motors. Will have to check that out. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Front mounted connection is easy on easy off with a ball joint and much cheaper than the EZ-steer if your motors are both in-line. I use the iTroll for speed control, similar to the troll master but has a few extra settings. Good luck with your restoration. 

rod.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Great_Laker said:

Front mounted connection is easy on easy off with a ball joint and much cheaper than the EZ-steer if your motors are both in-line. I use the iTroll for speed control, similar to the troll master but has a few extra settings. Good luck with your restoration. 

rod.jpg

i personally feel the front bracket is superior to the ez steer and a fraction of the cost. it was very nice of great laker to share this picture. i have a mercruiser and couldn't use the bracket above so i'm using the ez steer but only have it mounted but i've never used it.