What the.... 75+ in a night? I never knew.... I'd like to see pics of this. What's a good sized one? I've pulled channels out of I-Bay in the 20+" range but haven't honestly ever targeted bullhead or channel cats... Sounds like a good time! Anyone have an open seat or need one? Is this a night-time, lantern over the edge with worms or more complicated than that?

Catchin' bully's is pretty easy and a blast when they're running heavy! All you have to do is tie a heavy sinker on the end of the line, then attach two single hooks each about a foot above the other. Bait up some worms, cast it out, tighten your line so that the rod tip just bends, and then wait for a nibble. Best time is at night using a lantern, but if you can get up in the swamps when they're running heavy, you can catch them any time of the day. My best night was several years ago when I boated 200+ of them in a night by myself!! :o There were so many of them the water looked like it was boiling! I only had 3 empty buckets with me that night, and when they got full the rest were flopping around the bottom of the boat! I ended up with like 8 buckets full!!

There should be a few out tonight with the warm weather and bright sun, but the main show will be later this week after the rain comes in. Get the gear ready because the run is about to happen I think!! I'll be out tonight to see what's brewing in the swamp...

Made a night of it last night as it was BEAUTIFUL out there! I love the warm nights with the peepers chirping to a deafening level! Anyway, I was up the swamp from 8pm until around 3am and managed a slow pick at 'em. Ended up with 16 lbs of bullhead. Not too shabby, but by no means a stellar night. I also hooked into a beaver :o , but luckily for me the hook came free before I got it to the boat! Now it's time to rest up and hope we get a decent rain this week - if we do, it'll be GAME ON!!