Fishing the Oak Fri 9/10-Sat 9/11

Fished from 11-4pm til it got too sporty for wifey. We averaged about 8mph on the return trip. Solid 2-4s.

Went 1/2. Fish landed high teener came on green echip flasher Atomik fly about 70 down in 165fow. Also took a rip on a glow Jplug run down about 110’ on rigger but couldn’t stay hooked up.

Lotsa warm water inside. Started in 75fow and gradually worked deeper til got first bite in 165. 72F all way down til about 90 feet. Colder water 48F was about 100 down and that fluctuated plus or minus 4 degrees.

Try it again Sat wind permitting. IMG_0622.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fished 120’ today went 4/7 all 4 kings.

Took our first fish on the setup 90 down on rigger 11” Oki paddle Howie fly with blue silver green. Ran a mag diver down about 90’ w 11” wonderbread paddle and that got bit pretty quick took wife out 450+’ on the wire. Took her a while on that fish so 90 rigger w Oki paddle goes again and I bring that fish to the net. Her Wonderbread finally came to the net. Also took the biggest and last fish of the day on the wonderbread paddle and it took another shot earlier that we missed. All in all a good day in some semi sporty conditions.

White paddles and Howie flies ruled the day. Ran a couple mag spoons on other rigger but no bites. High divers got no bites on spin doctor & Atomiks. Didn’t get a lotta action shots was a lil bumpy in the Crestliner but she continues to catch kings! The wifey, too.

IMG_0642.JPGIMG_0651.JPGIMG_0653.JPGIMG_0660.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

Kempie:  I'm running an 1850 Super Hawk w the 150 Merc on back plus 9.9 Honda kicker and 24v Ulterra up front.  It fishes quite well for its size and handles Lake O and Erie fairly well.  Had a buddy with a 17' side console and that boat fished very well with the wide beam.  I normally run 2 riggers and 4 divers but have also run up to 10 lines on slow days using trees to pull 4 additional lines via inline boards with 4 persons aboard.  We are limited to trolling downhill, downwind on windier days, but the portability of the Crestliner has enabled me to fish more often and more ports than I would have ever imagined.  I could do without the carpet in the bow and on the rear deck but bought it used and took the best, lowest houred boat I could find at the time.  It can be a bit of a wet boat as we battled some building seas this past Friday & Saturday.