Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

Got most of stands shooting lanes cut. Put one more stand up. Got one to put up. Good batteries in all the cameras. Food plots are all looking good. Couple nice bucks around No monsters yet! But did hear the big one is alive. Hoping he shows up on camera soon!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Sat last night for a few hours to try to fill a few nuisance permit for my in-laws farm.  I didn't get anything, but it was an exciting hunt anyways!  I saw a flock of about 16 turkeys, had three fawns bed down in front of me at different times, and then had this piebald buck come strolling through with another small buck.  I took a couple of great videos of him, and even have him sparring with the other buck for a few seconds, but i'm not sure how to upload videos, so this screenshot will have to do!  It was a very cool experience, first time i've seen one from the stand, and he walked by at 20 yards.

Image.1.thumb.jpeg.012341516a1057a8b602183c3903252f.jpeg

• Like 3

Well with charter season final over I had some time to spend in the woods. It really sucks that I havent had a chance to get cameras in until this weekend but I know they are there. I did some speed scouting and ended up hanging a camera in a place that I have never had one. The ridge I was walking was loaded with acorns so I figured I needed to see who was using it. I also got another set hung that im betting will be magical throughout the year. 

Anybody practice past sunset to the new shooting time?

I could see but it wasn't easy and that was a black block target on green grass. 

sight pin lights were bad. 

Could be better using a single pin and larger peep sight?

Won’t be long now. Lot of time in hanging new stands and trimming old ones. Been fun watching my sons shoot their bows, incredible what young eyes, strong bodies and great equipment can accomplish. Doesn’t hurt that they shoot all year long. Wife and daughter are shooting well also, should be an interesting season. Looking forward to reading reports of others, great time of year. 

• Like 3

Have 3 good bucks on camera regularly one a mid 140s 10 with a split brow and a solid 135-140 8 either one cross my path and it could be bad for them! But have a nice 9 point mid 120s may touch 130 will have to see him in person thats been out almost every night. Hoping to get my dad or cousin on him! Mr big. Has not shown up on any cameras but we do have word he is alive!! [emoji7]

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Good luck this season everyone!  I made it out for a sit during the early doe season with my lil man and the deer action didnt disappoint.. agree or disagree with the early season but i saw it as good time to get young kids out in the field while the weather is nice and deer are everywhere

20210917_191109.jpg

• Like 7

Great first sit this morning. As per usual, a mile back and 25’ up on state land. Quite an array of critters were active. Raccoons, a fisher, squirrels,chipmunks everywhere, a coyote, turkeys and geese could be heard, and two different doe groups walked by at 35 yards. The woods does revive the spirit after a crappy Friday at work. 

• Like 1