Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

20 hours ago, machzrcr said:

Congrats that is a good looking buck!!

Im down for a little bit got the Rona (from my buddy whos deer searched for) trying to feel better so far its killin me, lol pretty much every symptom they say i have. Luckily breathing is still good so far.
So good luck guys hopefully i will have enough energy to get out here in a couple days!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Best of luck for a quick recovery

• Like 1

22 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Billy was hunting a ravine this morning. 
Buck came flying through on the top of the other side grunting. Buck was out of view so Billy started grunting aggressively. Buck came in on a string right down the creek. 20 yard shot, crushed it. Buck tried to climb up the other side but fell back dead. Didn’t go 40 yards. 

A7768F69-B52F-4CB8-9D3F-AEF286B2C728.jpeg

Beautiful Buck! Congrats!!!

21 hours ago, longspurs said:

Took my buddy's kid out this afternoon for the youth hunt at my lease . I took him out shooting a couple weeks ago so he wasn't scared of the gun (.243) when time comes.
So I picked him up at 230 then stopped at DD for our iced coffees. Got to the lease and in the blind all set up around 4. We are looking over a huge Clover field and the wait begins. Every couple minutes I would look out the window to look for deer because the two of them are buried in their phones.... It was around 5:15 I looked out the window and there is a nice 8 point standing 140 yards away feeding looking right us. I already had the gun and bipod set up for a nice easy shot. He was getting ready to shoot but shaking like a leaf I had to calm him down. "It's just a deer " he's not going anywhere lol. A couple minutes goes by and the deer turns broadside. He says I'm ready. I told him whenever you have the crosshairs on him and your ready shoot. Let me tell u when that gun went off and the deer dropped the blind was going crazy !!!! Hands down the best hunt I ever been on and will never forget. He was the happiest kid ever!!!IMG_20211009_172425.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome. Nothing like seeing youth hunters having opportunities like this.

• Like 2

Well it looks like I finally caught up with work and can get out to the woods. Of course mother nature has her own plans and decided to rain all weekend. Either way looking to get out asap and start the seasonal grind. I did get a chance to pull a card and was happy to see a couple of bucks that I am very familiar with.

3 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Anyone see any daytime buck movement this weekend?  Chores kept me away. 

I saw 5 bucks this morning in 2 hours..  15 points between all 5 of them..   big guys appear to be moving after hours..  I expect that to change soon..  this is in southern Livingston county.

Anyone else ever wonder what year this thread got started or how , what year it got the most hits and views? 

Wonder no more ! 

Started in 2014 when in Robs words " My hope for this upcoming season is to post an ongoing hunting report (on this thread) throughout the entire season. Basically a play by play of the my entire seasonal progression and a ride on the emotional roller coaster in the deer woods. My intentions are to fill these pages with instant updates from the woods, game cam pictures, videos, rut reports, and whatever else that i can come up with. Let the season begin!" 

Since then it kinda became the all members journal and live report that can have you hanging on the edge of your seat when the rut starts. 

Most replies -  2,800 _ 2016 

Most views -    255,600 _ 2019

Most pages -   113 _  2016 

image.png.f4bf6d0c13c3d21b09dfe9e413771c0f.png

Thanks Legacy for years of great reports !  best of luck to all ! 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Tomb said:

I saw 5 bucks this morning in 2 hours..  15 points between all 5 of them..   big guys appear to be moving after hours..  I expect that to change soon..  this is in southern Livingston county.

I'm for sure seeing the little guys in the day on the cams with all of the shooters working around after dark. I also expect that to shift significantly in the next week. I am in Western Monroe County.

Anyone else ever wonder what year this thread got started or how , what year it got the most hits and views? 

Wonder no more ! 

Started in 2014 when in Robs words " My hope for this upcoming season is to post an ongoing hunting report (on this thread) throughout the entire season. Basically a play by play of the my entire seasonal progression and a ride on the emotional roller coaster in the deer woods. My intentions are to fill these pages with instant updates from the woods, game cam pictures, videos, rut reports, and whatever else that i can come up with. Let the season begin!" 

Since then it kinda became the all members journal and live report that can have you hanging on the edge of your seat when the rut starts. 

Most replies -  2,800 _ 2016 

Most views -    255,600 _ 2019

Most pages -   113 _  2016 

image.png.f4bf6d0c13c3d21b09dfe9e413771c0f.png

Thanks Legacy for years of great reports !  best of luck to all ! 

Thank you!

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

good night to be out Rob, good luck.  Tommy and his sister are out as well.

I almost pulled the plug before I even got out here because of the wind. However the wind is calming down and it looks like it's going to be a nice sit. Now if I could just remember how to sit still...

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Haha 1