Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

5 hours ago, machzrcr said:

Well i finally got the word after 12 days in the hospital That I'm going home tomorrow! Got to work on my lungs to be able to walk and get endurance again but hoping to be back in the woods soon!!!! Today is day 19 that covid has kicked me out of the hunting game im ready to be back out there!! I have a long way to go but being out of this dang hospital is a good start. Had some good bucks teasing me on camera during the day time so going to have to even the odds here!! But at the same time thankful to be alive and breathing, things did get scary for a couple days!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow Joey, I did not know you needed to be hospitalized! Praying for a full recovery for you bud.

Congratulations to all on nice bucks - especially Rob, I know what a grind this season has been for him and the time he put in the stand lol.

My sits have been relatively uneventful, with the exception of yesterday morning. I had a large nine point come through snorting and tearing up bushes at 80 yards, so I grunted at him. Nearly crapped myself when the six I didn't see grunted back at me from ten yards! Anyway, we had a grunt-fest, and it was enough to turn the big buck toward me. That little six lowered his head in shame and wouldn't meet the big buck's eyes. And rightfully so, this was his house.

I drew as the nine went behind a big oak and began to close from 30 yards on a path that would put him at 22 yards straight in front of me. But he never paused long enough to give me an opportunity. Too many little trees - all he had to do was what he'd been doing the whole way over, tear some stuff out of the ground, paw a bit, but no, he just kept walking. So I pushed ahead of him and found an opening just past a five stem oak, and there I waited. And waited. And he went West straight away from me from behind the tree.

And I never saw him again all morning. But more importantly, I didn't push an arrow out that wasn't a sure thing and possibly injure him. I should have grunted or bleated to stop him, but a buddy of mine had one jolt on him the evening before, and I was sure I could get a shot regardless if he kept going straight. 

Such is life in the woods. Stay safe, shoot straight and be well.

• Like 3

We’ll my buddy I got into hunting years ago finally scored his first big buck. We had him on camera for three years. The last few minutes he came into a 1 acre food plot with a doe 15 yard shot.. hole in his neck from fighting possibly?

ED5F66E0-A511-49A8-A658-3620C70E7C48.jpeg

682238BD-1173-47AD-804A-98217A6C5408.jpeg

• Like 3

Deer Search of western NY and Finger lakes, hopefully you never need it but just in case

good luck and some real WOW's I see have been taken here.

When our phones start ringing off the hook is when the woods are hotter than hot, coming very soon!

Deer Search of Wny - Deer Search of WNY Inc. (deersearchwny.org)

Deer tracking dog | Deer Search Finger Lakes Chapter Inc. | New York (deersearchflc.com)

• Like 1

Haven't had my bow out yet but we've been in the woods the last few days and it's starting to heat up. My daughter is 12 and it's all about her this year!! Last night was the 1st good encounter with a stud, 135" within 20 yards but no shot. 3 other bucks were seen too.. Monday night she watched a buck clean a scrape violently and was at full draw twice on smaller bucks but they came in behind us and no shot. Her time is coming... I hope!  Last night it was soggy and no complaints, we got home and she told her mom "that was awesome"   

Good luck boys, it's coming

• Like 2

22 hours ago, steelie said:

Haven't had my bow out yet but we've been in the woods the last few days and it's starting to heat up. My daughter is 12 and it's all about her this year!! Last night was the 1st good encounter with a stud, 135" within 20 yards but no shot. 3 other bucks were seen too.. Monday night she watched a buck clean a scrape violently and was at full draw twice on smaller bucks but they came in behind us and no shot. Her time is coming... I hope!  Last night it was soggy and no complaints, we got home and she told her mom "that was awesome"   

Good luck boys, it's coming

That's awesome! I feel like it's tougher to get girls to stick with it than boys - too many teenage distractions - but you're sure doing the right stuff. I hope she scores big, but more importantly develops into a lifelong hunter. Make sure you post your "proud dad" pics when she does!