Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

Congratulations to all who scored! I see no need to qualify a clean kill with "it's not the biggest buck" though. We focus too much on the rack and not enough on the enjoyment of the day. I love the stories leading up to the shot...Isaac's tale got me teared up...and I'd rather a season of good hunts than a big buck any day (not casting shade on Rob's buck - it would have been tough to pass on). 

Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, brucehookedup said:

Don’t feel dirty Dan it should’ve  been that way from the beginning 

I agree, your tags are your tags. Some bows now actually exceed distance achieved by most crossbows. Both my boys are more accurate at 70 yards than I am at 30. 

Edited by whaler1

I dont mind someone using a crossbow they have their time and place. My biggest thing is the crowd of people who mainly have bought crossbows. Buy it shoot it once or twice and its good. Then want to walk around and use it like a gun or take stupid shots becuase its a crossbow.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

I dont want to piss people off but i think even trying to attempt a shot over 70yrds is to far. To much can happen. Move, wind branch. Im seeing alot more deer searching this yr. People trying to get that big deer maybe because they might not see it again. In my hay day i would practice out to 50. Maybe the longest shot i have ever taken has been 30. Now a days 20. Crossbows are alot easier to shoot. I feel you dont have to practice as much. Once it is dialed in there really is no adjusting. I have 2 pins 15 and 30. Also the rangefinder tools they have out make it much easier to range deer instead of guessing. Keep hunting guys and pick your shots. Some nice bucks have been taken and im sure a few more will be. 

• Like 1

With my buck tag filled, doe mission yesterday. Had a smaller doe come by me at 7 yards, and that was all she wrote. The freezer is filling. Ready for that next buck tag to be valid. I saw a lot of rutting activity yesterday while I was out. Bucks chasing does, bucks with their noses pressed to the ground running around like crazy(one of which was a beauty). Really nice hunt. Doe down and off to work by 9!

• Like 2