Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

59 minutes ago, Tboo said:

Well my all day sit on Friday payed off with this buck coming through at 12 noon following 20 yards behind a doe.    This was my first time hunting this season without one of my kids with me.     

63EED692-D761-4E83-B3EF-D001DE171138.jpeg

694A531A-0EF9-4F78-8B85-3AF4AD657430.jpeg

B3AA2174-AE88-49C4-85B9-5079D0DAE620.jpeg

989E4E42-00BD-44C3-9B8B-EBE3E4A10360.jpeg

Congrats!

1 hour ago, Tboo said:

Well my all day sit on Friday payed off with this buck coming through at 12 noon following 20 yards behind a doe.    This was my first time hunting this season without one of my kids with me.     

63EED692-D761-4E83-B3EF-D001DE171138.jpeg

694A531A-0EF9-4F78-8B85-3AF4AD657430.jpeg

B3AA2174-AE88-49C4-85B9-5079D0DAE620.jpeg

989E4E42-00BD-44C3-9B8B-EBE3E4A10360.jpeg

What a giant!!

Nice buck, Todd!! I took a doe this morning and let the buck walk, cause my buddy is looking for venison, and he doesn't hunt. Can you believe he was paying upwards of $30 a pound for D'Artangian Farms venison from Wegmans.? He's ecstatic to have a whole deer. I need one myself now for some Cajun Cranberry sausage from Swans and some smoked goodies from Greg.

• Like 1

On Thursday I was seconds away from death. Got your attention?  I will preface this story by stating I am a fit adult with no underlying medical conditions and I have been using a climbing treestand for 36 years.  Hunting a state land tract Thursday afternoon I had an interesting start to my day. As I was hauling up my bow and backpack up the tree I developed a severe cramp in my right pectoral muscle. Unlike most cramps that you can stretch and massage the pain away, I found I was not able to do so. I tried moving my arm and shoulder but the lancing pain continued. I also noticed that in my haste to get up the tree, I had neglected to put the safety rope around the tree and clip in my harness. “Crap”, I thought, “am I having a medical emergency “?  My next thought was I need to get clipped in fast!  I struggled with the pain while trying to get the rope around the tree. I started to get a little nauseous and tunnel vision started. I told my self not go out as the black shroud started to descend on me. I sucked in air like jet pilots do when pulling heavy g-force turns to prevent passing out and I was just able to stay awake long enough to secure my harness clip, kneel down on the platform, hug the tree, and tell myself “no matter what, just hang on”. I passed out almost the instant I hugged the tree. When I came to, I was squatting at the end of the platform, leaning against the harness tether still hanging on with both hands on the platform wires. I don’t know how I slid all the way down to that position or how long I was out for. I knew where I was and what had happened. My scalp (shaved head) was frozen because I don’t put my hat on initially to reduce sweating, but the rest of my body was super sweaty. Amazingly enough, my $1,000 bow set up and back pack remained leaning up against the tree on the seat. When I hugged the tree before going out I was hugging/pressing the bow and pack between my chest and tree. How I slid off the tree without knocking down my gear is a mystery. Given how cold my scalp felt, I think I was out maybe 10 -15 minutes??  I got lucky!!!!  The takeaway should be ALWAYS make sure you are clipped in at all times. Bad things can happen in an instant. Tests were negative for heart attack with the most likely diagnosis of stress/pain induced vaso/vagal syncope or …. I had an ouchy and I fainted. Stay safe out there folks!

25 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

On Thursday I was seconds away from death. Got your attention?  I will preface this story by stating I am a fit adult with no underlying medical conditions and I have been using a climbing treestand for 36 years.  Hunting a state land tract Thursday afternoon I had an interesting start to my day. As I was hauling up my bow and backpack up the tree I developed a severe cramp in my right pectoral muscle. Unlike most cramps that you can stretch and massage the pain away, I found I was not able to do so. I tried moving my arm and shoulder but the lancing pain continued. I also noticed that in my haste to get up the tree, I had neglected to put the safety rope around the tree and clip in my harness. “Crap”, I thought, “am I having a medical emergency “?  My next thought was I need to get clipped in fast!  I struggled with the pain while trying to get the rope around the tree. I started to get a little nauseous and tunnel vision started. I told my self not go out as the black shroud started to descend on me. I sucked in air like jet pilots do when pulling heavy g-force turns to prevent passing out and I was just able to stay awake long enough to secure my harness clip, kneel down on the platform, hug the tree, and tell myself “no matter what, just hang on”. I passed out almost the instant I hugged the tree. When I came to, I was squatting at the end of the platform, leaning against the harness tether still hanging on with both hands on the platform wires. I don’t know how I slid all the way down to that position or how long I was out for. I knew where I was and what had happened. My scalp (shaved head) was frozen because I don’t put my hat on initially to reduce sweating, but the rest of my body was super sweaty. Amazingly enough, my $1,000 bow set up and back pack remained leaning up against the tree on the seat. When I hugged the tree before going out I was hugging/pressing the bow and pack between my chest and tree. How I slid off the tree without knocking down my gear is a mystery. Given how cold my scalp felt, I think I was out maybe 10 -15 minutes??  I got lucky!!!!  The takeaway should be ALWAYS make sure you are clipped in at all times. Bad things can happen in an instant. Tests were negative for heart attack with the most likely diagnosis of stress/pain induced vaso/vagal syncope or …. I had an ouchy and I fainted. Stay safe out there folks!

Sheesh man. Glad you are ok. That’s some scary stuff.

Jeez scary!! Glad u got the safety line on just in time!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow, what a story. A life lesson for sure. Hopefully this story can save someone else from injury (or possibly worse).

It is easy to get a little complacent at times after doing the same thing for many years without an incident.

Glad you are OK and back in the saddle!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

11 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Glad you are ok Chad.  Scary stuff right there!  

On 11/6/2021 at 7:35 PM, machzrcr said:

I dont mind someone using a crossbow they have their time and place. My biggest thing is the crowd of people who mainly have bought crossbows. Buy it shoot it once or twice and its good. Then want to walk around and use it like a gun or take stupid shots becuase its a crossbow.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I won't shoot over 40 yds and am pretty proficient with mine

doe heart.jpg

That's really scary! Glad all is good. This is probably my favorite reason amongst many other that I am glad I made the switch to a saddle. The safest I've ever felt, since you are ALWAYS connected to the tree from the time you leave the ground and come back. Also there is always tension to assure you that you're connected!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Lake Ontario United mobile app