Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

After a long slow bow season for me I was extremely happy when this guy came through the 2nd day of gun season.   He was hot on the doe and stopped at 75yrds in the only opening I had.   1 good shot is all it took he went less than 80yrds and piled up!   Now onto PA this Saturday for the opener and try to fill my buck tag there.     The video of Longspurs hunt and my hunt will be up soon on my youtube page Addicted Outdoors 
IMG_20211121_144017_581.thumb.jpg.0774fbbe9dbee650b15cb6b399b5f43d.jpg
20211121_112201.thumb.jpg.6a2362145ec10295bc32ec8205035ed7.jpg
20211121_112317.thumb.jpg.8f173489464a0262555ca1f8faf38662.jpg
20211121_112419.thumb.jpg.7431dc81310e3f23f2a0f3189ad0e05e.jpg
Congrats again man!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well got a few things done last couple days! Sits have had very little deer sightings, did see one gokd buck thenother day 1. Other than went and looked. Got a stand up at a new property which looks nice and has good sign! So we will see if i can get it done there!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

November 23 pm
40 degrees
NW wind 10 mph
Partly cloudy

Steady deer sightings from 2 pm on but the bulk of deer activity wasn't until late. About 5 deer began to pour into the field.
Highlight of the sit was a stud buck tending a doe with 2 other shooters in tow. The doe fed in the field while the stud buck postured and fended off the other two.
Overall I saw 20+ deer and six of them were bucks.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Question... At what point in the season do you abandon the morning hunts and hunt evenings only? If you do continue to hunt mornings into late season what is your strategy?

Public vs private will be different. On public land I am expecting deer to be pushed in the morning by hunters walking in. It’s all about studying a terrain map, figure out a way to get in the middle of it all without being seen, heard or smelled and wait for light. There is also movement deep in the backwoods around remote mast crops. Where you hunt Rob, I can understand why you wouldn’t hunt mornings. Field oriented deer can see you coming and going if they are nearby. Bucks will be out all night chasing so they will sleep in. Consider getting into stand at 9:30 am to catch that late morning buck wake-up and take a stroll time and then stay til dark. You will spook less still hunting to your stand late morning on your walk in. You would be amazed by the amount of deer that slink off without snorting or make a sound when you walk in when dark. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was a great hunt, I saw 9 bucks in 1 hour! 2 hot doe had them chasing and fighting. The last buck to show up worked a doe right to me and gave me a 20 yard chip shot. This is a buck my daughter had at 20 yards during archery and we couldn't get a shot.. I checked cameras sunday mid day and found that he broke his main beam and brow tine somehow last week, I was pretty bummed but knew it would be to hard to pass him. Went back home to get my son to track him with me, that was special too!  

Screenshot_20211123-175025_Photos.jpg

20211123_135804.jpg

20211031_190352.jpg

• Like 11

Neighbor called me today. Told me he was trespassed on Sunday pm. Two guys shot two deer and one was a decent 8 pt. One of the guys hunted from the neighbors own stand. Funny part is they hung a Game camera while they were there and it's full of pictures of them! Neighbor is filing a report with the evidence he has. Wtf. This would be the third time in four years that people have trespassed, hunted, and poached.

51 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Neighbor called me today. Told me he was trespassed on Sunday pm. Two guys shot two deer and one was a decent 8 pt. One of the guys hunted from the neighbors own stand. Funny part is they hung a Game camera while they were there and it's full of pictures of them! Neighbor is filing a report with the evidence he has. Wtf. This would be the third time in four years that people have trespassed, hunted, and poached.

Kind of can't believe people do this. Never getting hit with consequences usually makes this a lifelong behavior in people. Makes you rethink letting people go and then becoming much more forceful about imposing penalties 

18 hours ago, Legacy said:

Question... At what point in the season do you abandon the morning hunts and hunt evenings only? If you do continue to hunt mornings into late season what is your strategy?

Ill usually abandon morning sits after the first full week of gun season.. any morning sit i do after that is very tight or in there bedroom with a favorable wind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

Missed the morning hunt because my sump pump decided to quit last night. Nothing's open, trying to find a solution. Baby sitting the crock in case I have to throw a submersible pump in it. Of all days...

Big shout out to Running Rebel for hooking me up with a new sump pump. Disaster avoided!

• Like 2