Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

Man these deer are giving me the run around! Yestersay sat a spot a good buck is going to bed. He has to go around this pomd. so sat there yestersay and only saw a fawn. Go to leave see his tracks going sround the other side... Today i set up so i can see both sides with good wind, and hes a no show. I make a move to see a creek. And heard neighbors shoot 2 times close. On both sides of the property i am on... Uggh [emoji24]. About an hour later I see one of the bucks in after working the creek torwards me. (Only have the bow so cant shoot) he works right up to this thicket like 40 yds away and never comes out.. Must of walked into the brush. So wait a bit and head out. Go to leave and the buck I was try to cut off was trying to cross the road!!! So i scared him back into the woods.. Well see if he stayed over there or not. Back at it tomorrow, may do an all day sit he was moving today at 11. Man he looked good from the road thou and 30 yds from me... His g2s got to be close to a foot!!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, machzrcr said:

Man these deer are giving me the run around! Yestersay sat a spot a good buck is going to bed. He has to go around this pomd. so sat there yestersay and only saw a fawn. Go to leave see his tracks going sround the other side... Today i set up so i can see both sides with good wind, and hes a no show. I make a move to see a creek. And heard neighbors shoot 2 times close. On both sides of the property i am on... Uggh emoji24.png. About an hour later I see one of the bucks in after working the creek torwards me. (Only have the bow so cant shoot) he works roght up this tree thicket like 40 yds away and necer comes out.. Must of walked into the brush. So wait a bit and head out. Go to leave amd the buck I was try to cut off was trying to cross the road!!! So i scared. Him back into the woods.. Well see if he stayed over there or not. Back at it tomorrow, may do an all day sit he was moving today at 11. Man he looked good from the road thou and 30 yds from me... His g2s got to be close to a foot!!

……so I have this picture in my head of you chasing a deer while dragging your oxygen tank. Hardcore man …..hardcore. 

Congrats to all. Great media all season long

Finally connected with a doe on Wednesday.

Nothing but does and young bucks in archery. Opening day of gun at sunrise had a nice buck at 90yrds and missed with my muzzloader. Thought I made a good shot but no blood or hair at impact or found. Shot a hornady sst did you guys recommend barnes?

Less than 48 hours later (including thanksgiving) got 34#s in the freezer thanks to Eichas Sausage in Hamlin!

33F41572-6995-4998-A972-02048732B5F4.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Smat64 said:

Congrats to all. Great media all season long

Finally connected with a doe on Wednesday.

Nothing but does and young bucks in archery. Opening day of gun at sunrise had a nice buck at 90yrds and missed with my muzzloader. Thought I made a good shot but no blood or hair at impact or found. Shot a hornady sst did you guys recommend barnes?

Less than 48 hours later (including thanksgiving) got 34#s in the freezer thanks to Eichas Sausage in Hamlin!

33F41572-6995-4998-A972-02048732B5F4.jpeg

Did you get the doe with the SST?

Sat sunup to sundown yesterday and not a deer! Sat this morning a different spot with good wind same block of woods. Saw 4 does. Dang bucks are hiding good! Lol Hunting different pieces this afternoon and tomorrow. So no high hopes, but never hurts being out there you never know!

12 minutes ago, Legacy said:

November 27 pm
33 degrees
WSW wind 5-15 mph
Partly cloudy

Well the fawns we're active... That's all I saw this afternoon. 6 total and nothing for the last 1.5 hours. Boring... Lol. The gun season lull?

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It seems to happen every year, doesn't it?  The fawns are either so hungry or naive that they will come out in the open to feed while the adults wait until dark.  For awhile.