Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

9 hours ago, Guppy35 said:

I’m looking to purchase a muzzleloader for next years season, and after reviewing some of the content on Legacy’s thread over the last few years, I’m kind of leaning towards the CVA Accura LR-X.  I’d like to be able to shoot out to 250 – 300 yards, so I was leaning towards the .45 cal. instead of the .50 cal. for two reasons.  From what I read online the .45 has a faster twist rate (1:22” instead of 1:28”), and should also have less drop and better trajectory than the .50 cal.  Just looking for some advice on whether this is a good route to go?  Chromeslayer also recommended the possibility of having a CVA Scout V2 45-70 converted to a muzzleloader, but I don’t think I want to invest quite that much.

Also looking for a recommendation on a decent MOA scope that would be best for that muzzleloader in order to shoot 100-250 yards without breaking the bank too bad.

I have the CVA paramount .45 and it’s incredible. Easily the most accurate production muzzleloader available. The accura doesn’t hold a candle to it. The only thing better is a true custom smokeless and that will be another grand. 

• Like 1

Well after a frustrating week and half of dealing with trespassers, poaching, and camera theft I am looking to just put the shotgun season in my rear view mirror. Every year it amazes me the a$$holes that enter the deer woods. If karma exists I hope it gets to every single one of these a$$holes. I can only hope late season is a more enjoyable.

• Sad 1

I have the CVA paramount .45 and it’s incredible. Easily the most accurate production muzzleloader available. The accura doesn’t hold a candle to it. The only thing better is a true custom smokeless and that will be another grand. 
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check that one out as well!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 12/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, Guppy35 said:

I’m looking to purchase a muzzleloader for next years season, and after reviewing some of the content on Legacy’s thread over the last few years, I’m kind of leaning towards the CVA Accura LR-X.  I’d like to be able to shoot out to 250 – 300 yards, so I was leaning towards the .45 cal. instead of the .50 cal. for two reasons.  From what I read online the .45 has a faster twist rate (1:22” instead of 1:28”), and should also have less drop and better trajectory than the .50 cal.  Just looking for some advice on whether this is a good route to go?  Chromeslayer also recommended the possibility of having a CVA Scout V2 45-70 converted to a muzzleloader, but I don’t think I want to invest quite that much.

Also looking for a recommendation on a decent MOA scope that would be best for that muzzleloader in order to shoot 100-250 yards without breaking the bank too bad.

I have Leopold scopes on my guns, great scopes even on their cheaper end 200-300 dollar scopes.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, Guppy35 said:

Id still say go with smokeless..the cva can still be used with blackpowder or blackpowder subs if you traveled to a state that didnt allow smokeless powder during there muzzleloader season.. while the paramount may very well be a great gun the variflame system is garbage and leaks.. the cva accuras have always been solid guns.. as for optics buy the best you can afford.. break action guns are known for eating up scopes .. sightons, meopta optika6, leupold vx5, vx6 and the nightforce shv line is pretty popular with the smokeless crowd and holding up well... if you are close to niagara county and want to come to the range ill gladly show ya the run down of one of these rigs.. there alil more to it than shoving a few pellets down the barrel

• Like 1

Congrats!

Hunted today. Got one nice buck probably mid 120s that showed up on camera seeing if I can't track him down in the next week, see if he is big enough to get me excited!! Saw some does tonight but no bucks. So back at it again this week hard to see if I can fill my 2nd buck tag! Been checking cameras on different properties to try to see where I want to hunt the most but no big boys have shown themselves but you never know till you hunt! Hoping on one property I had 2 good bucks on but have gone missing, I really would like to see at least one of them show back up!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 12/11/2021 at 4:42 AM, Legacy said:

Well after a frustrating week and half of dealing with trespassers, poaching, and camera theft I am looking to just put the shotgun season in my rear view mirror. Every year it amazes me the a$$holes that enter the deer woods. If karma exists I hope it gets to every single one of these a$$holes. I can only hope late season is a more enjoyable.

Rob, I saw on a Facebook Trail Camera page that someone bought some "air tags" and put one inside of each of their cameras.  I don't know much about them, but the guy stated that if one of the cameras was stolen, he would be able to trace the location with his phone as long as the thief had something with bluetooth near the stolen camera.  He claims he tried it out with his son and it worked, so maybe it would be something to look into, just a thought.  It sucks that you and so many others have to deal with tresspassers and camera thieves so often during gun season.

17 minutes ago, Guppy35 said:

Rob, I saw on a Facebook Trail Camera page that someone bought some "air tags" and put one inside of each of their cameras.  I don't know much about them, but the guy stated that if one of the cameras was stolen, he would be able to trace the location with his phone as long as the thief had something with bluetooth near the stolen camera.  He claims he tried it out with his son and it worked, so maybe it would be something to look into, just a thought.  It sucks that you and so many others have to deal with tresspassers and camera thieves so often during gun season.

Seems like a great idea. Ill have to pull a camera apart and see if there is enough room to hide the tracker.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:39 PM, Chromeslayer said:

Id still say go with smokeless..the cva can still be used with blackpowder or blackpowder subs if you traveled to a state that didnt allow smokeless powder during there muzzleloader season.. while the paramount may very well be a great gun the variflame system is garbage and leaks.. the cva accuras have always been solid guns.. as for optics buy the best you can afford.. break action guns are known for eating up scopes .. sightons, meopta optika6, leupold vx5, vx6 and the nightforce shv line is pretty popular with the smokeless crowd and holding up well... if you are close to niagara county and want to come to the range ill gladly show ya the run down of one of these rigs.. there alil more to it than shoving a few pellets down the barrel

My veriflame system has been nothing but consistent and perfect. But yes, the smokeless builds are the best. I was referring to a great over the counter option.