Legacy -The 2021 Season-

Legacy

December  pm
4 degrees
SE wind 5-10 mph
Partly sunny

I have been sitting on a winter wheat field all week and decided to change things up a bit. Headed back to a confidence set I have which seems to be great in late season. Does started moving about 330 or so and saw 10-12 does/fawns over the course of the afternoon. Around 440 I checked my phone to see what time sunrise was when something, out of the corner of my eye, caught my attention. 75 yards over my right shoulder I noticed horns walking out into the field. I had to make a quick decision because he was walking across the field and slowly getting farther and farther away. Once I committed, I had to slowly stand up turn all the way around and grab my gun off the hanger. Nice thing about him being over my right shoulder is I could rest my gun on the trunk of the tree. He was about 100 or so yards when I pulled the trigger. Shot felt perfect but with a muzzleloader you never get to see the initial reaction because of the smoke show. However he took off like a bat out of hell and ran about 75 yards before face planting. I could see him in the field and saw a couple of tail flickers before expiring. Game over! Happy to get it done in the late season. Pics coming soon!!!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. Not sure if my NY season is over or if I will go out after Xmas for the extended late season and hunt does. I know that if I had a buck tag that I would be out there no doubt. What is everyone else's plans?

I have one more doe in me, and I'm hoping we can get Brayden on his first muzzleloader deer. It should be a nice week to sit on some fields and not worry too much about "the big one". 

With my daughters schedule full, we didn't make it out for muzzleloader. So, this will be a great opportunity for her to get some time to hunt with school being off and no sports. Originally I wasn't sold on the idea, now I see the advantages with the kids and families off together!!  

On 12/22/2021 at 8:22 AM, GAMBLER said:

Congrats Rob.  Todd Cline on Walker Rd.  880-4638.  He does great work and he is a good guy.  

Dropped my deer off yesterday at 4pm and he called me this morning at 8am to say it was ready!