Out of Genny 9/10 & 9/11

Fished out of Genesee River on 9/10 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and on 9/11 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Didn't get a single bite. Threw the kitchen sink at them from the spoons to Dodgers and flashers with flies or spoons and stick baits. Covered water from 70 ft deep out to 400. Everywhere seem to be 70 degrees from the surface down to a hundred. Marked a few fish here and there mostly in the 90 to 135 foot of water range. Waves were two to four, not many boats out there.

Edited by lumberjohn
Correct spelling

Damn wish I saw this before I wasted last night in the rain being the only boat out of the river!!

It was rolling 2-4 when we headed out so we tried close 30-60 fow from 4-6pm. Zero. Not even a fish porpoising to get our hopes up!  

First year back fishing salmon in about 5 years. Tough season for me!!  Ready to winterize and start hunting!

I'm a nooby too trolling trout. I'm interested this year when the trout start pushing the shoreline and mouth, or in the river. I prefer in the river because I have a 14' Jon boat, river will be safer. So could you tell me what colors are best in the Gennessee river and size of spoons ? Smaller Suttons ? Not interested in salmon, just trout.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

5 hours ago, moonfish said:

I'm a nooby too trolling trout. I'm interested this year when the trout start pushing the shoreline and mouth, or in the river. I prefer in the river because I have a 14' Jon boat, river will be safer. So could you tell me what colors are best in the Gennessee river and size of spoons ? Smaller Suttons ? Not interested in salmon, just trout.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I couldn't say for certain other than to tell you that the few times I've fished estuaries of Lake Ontario including the Genesee and at Fairhaven I have used casting spoons. Heavy weighted spoons like cast Masters and little Cleo's in combinations of silver and blue or silver and green. Typically when I did that it was in the springtime targeting brown trout.

• Like 1