Owasco Owasco Saturday

lyk2fish

Got outl late morning on Saturday and it was on fire for silvers. For at least the first 2 hours I couldn't set 3 rods. My wife finally saw how much work trolling can be. I ran a rigger and 2 coppers with cores on stand by. The wind was a good blow out of the south and the bows were active across the points. Copper colored spoons in the sun worked for me and speed was close to 2.6 as I could get it. Temp good at 50 and that's were the rigger was parked. No bass or eyes, but a few small browns and good bows. Highlight was first bow. Hit a copper and made some fantastic runs, never jumped but was one of the fattest bows I have taken, it was a football of a fish, loaded with alewife. Great day on the water. Ran out this morning for a couple, small bows, wouldn't stay glued, looked like the trollers had an event and saw some nets working, some real nice boats out there for sure, I couldn't top the Saturday bite so I called it after a couple before the weather came in. Tight lines.

20210912_212548.jpg

20210911_162424.jpg

20210911_162350.jpg

20210911_180710.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah joe, that’s why I didn’t fish long, got a late start after breakfast at Dugan’s and the few I hooked short hit and came of the minute they jumped....Saturday was just one of those epic days. the last spot I saw you when you cut back in from your north troll has been hot, just keep that in mind for the next time your out. The fish moved to that area about 2 weeks ago after that high water, that’s the place to focus on as the lower points have slowed down a bit.

2 hours ago, lyk2fish said:

Yeah joe, that’s why I didn’t fish long, got a late start after breakfast at Dugan’s and the few I hooked short hit and came of the minute they jumped....Saturday was just one of those epic days. the last spot I saw you when you cut back in from your north troll has been hot, just keep that in mind for the next time your out. The fish moved to that area about 2 weeks ago after that high water, that’s the place to focus on as the lower points have slowed down a bit.

I will definitely remember that. Try to switch gears to river fishing at some point. The little miss is 13 and wants to fight a salmon.

• 8 months later...