Owasco Owasco Sunday FLTA

adesalvo

Owasco is quickly becoming one of my favorite fingerlakes! Fished there Tuesday morning and then again on Sunday for the FLTA where we took first ever 1st place with a 4 fish 25lb-14oz box. 

Sunday all of our fish came on a spoon bite. The greasy chicken wing UV copper on a slide diver took 2 of the lakers and 2 bows. A standard sized small green dot DW on 10 color took the 9lb lake trout lunker on Sunday brought all the way in (100 yards) by my buddy Pete who is a novice fisherman !  

The 1st highlight of the day was a bow doubleheader one on the rigger on a dirty white boy and one on the slide diver chicken wing where they jumped over each other.  

The 2nd highlight was a 6.5 lb laker that came off right at the back boat and when I went in to jump in after it with the net it just floated there so we ended up turning around and was able to net it before it swam back down.  

We had our gear parked at 47 feet all day with a pretty steady bite in 150 fow until the cooler was full at noon and we called it and watched the bills stink it up over a burger and beer at drifters. 

C2975EE5-28F7-4915-A9CB-1D2873384DA8.jpeg

Edited by adesalvo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, adesalvo said:

we ended up turning around and was able to net it before it swam back down

Be careful... in many tournaments and likely NYS waters, that might be interpreted as an illegal fish. “Landing nets may be used in completing the catch of a fish hooked by angling“. 

1 hour ago, Camo Joe said:

Great job! I saw the pack on Sunday I was out trolling with the family. My big camo boat stuck out like a sore thumb Lol

Niiiiice boat. We were the white and blue glastron  that waved around noon heading in! (my exact words to peter were that’s my dream boat)  how did you do? 

2 hours ago, adesalvo said:

Niiiiice boat. We were the white and blue glastron  that waved around noon heading in! (my exact words to peter were that’s my dream boat)  how did you do? 

Thanks, Wasn’t our best day a couple average size lakers. I cast a wide spread mostly spoons. Various depths and style presentation. Nothing really popped such is life.