Quick outing solo tonight. Thermocline is 120’ down 70 degrees above that. Fished 100-150’ lots of marks but nothing would fire. Moved out to 400-460’ two steelhead right out of the gate. One on downrigger down 90’ and one on a 10 color core with a 3 Oz snap weight to get deeper. Speed was 2.9 at the ball in ~55 degree water. Move offshore if you are looking for a consistent bite. Kings are stacked in close but the bite isn’t there near Sandy. IMG_1763.JPGIMG_1765.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

9 hours ago, greenhornet73 said:

Oh 100-150’, damn taking my 18’ out on Thursday and planning to stay close within 100’

Hopefully the thermocline moves back up. Those fish at 100' are in bathwater right now. Better to fish for browns there than kings. South wind should help to move the water out by this weekend. If you cant get the stagers to hit, go deep. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Great_Laker said:

Hopefully the thermocline moves back up. Those fish at 100' are in bathwater right now. Better to fish for browns there than kings. South wind should help to move the water out by this weekend. If you cant get the stagers to hit, go deep. Good luck!

Hopefully 

It's been warm like this for several years 

Slow day today. Fished from 80’ out to 480’ only two steel head in 5 hours on a FF and a steelhead candy down 60’ and 120’ on riggers. Temp was down 85’ nearshore but offshore it was down 130’. Lots of bait and good marks from 90-120’ but wouldn’t fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United