Out of Sodus - 9/18 a.m.

Ran out to 400' to try for some steelhead.  With the wave forecast and the waves building we knew we were going to fish our way shallower.  After 45 minutes of only marking fish we started to troll shallower.  When we hit 300' our rigger (down 100' in 50 degree water) with spin doctor and a fly took off.  It took 400' off the reel and we could not gain on her.  We pulled the other lines and 30 minutes later netted the 22 pound salmon which was hooked in  the adipose fin.  The only other fish we got  within the five hours was an 8" Coho on a 4 3/4" magnum spoon (it somehow managed to get all three points in its mouth).

We only had one wave come over the side while we were out - my fault, I was driving.  The ride back was a blast!  No need to wash the rear deck, and my buddy needs no shower - I got him good!

Any day is a great day out there as long as you stay safe (and are fishing with someone).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fishstix said:

Thanks for report. Did you try running meat? We been thinking about one more trip.

I did not try running meat (a decision we made early).

The best marks we had were in 267' to 275'.  Crazy marks (marks of bait pods only, fish only, and bait with fish marks) the marks were from 40' to 100' down.  We just could not get any more takers (we marked them and kept circling back through from different directions).  It was better than staring at a blank screen (it was a challenge [both fun and frustrating]).