Autopilot

So I'm in the process of buying a bigger boat. It's a '92 25' Baha 250 Fisherman. It has a Raymarune autopilot. It doesn't work properly. He said that when he bought it It was working and then wouldn't shut off. So my question is if I can't get it working what are my options for an autopilot that won't break the bank ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G996U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i cant see where the type of steering would have any effect on the unit not shutting down. now the unit he has may have a different order in the way it shuts down. my raymarine smart pilot x-5r unit wont shut down if the unit is engaged it doesn't shut the unit down. you have to disengage the auto pilot then push and hold the off button until it counts down to 0.

"Raymarine auto pilot" covers a lot of territory. What model/unit is it & cable or hydraulic steering? 
This is my first bigger boat. I don't pick it up til next week. I just know what he told me. So I don't know the model yet. But that being said I was looking for options that aren't going to be overly expensive

Sent from my SM-G996U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 4:56 PM, sherman brown said:

you might be able to contact raymarine and just buy a new control box and save a bunch of money and time over getting a new one. just make sure you are trying to shut it down in the right order. on mine i had a problem shutting it down. i was trying to shut it down while still in auto mode.

thanks a lot for the info. http://myaccountaccess.live/

Edited by StevenD