boat name chaning good or bad

I think if you follow the proper ceremony all will be well. Try and google boat name change ceremony and you will find it. But you are right they say bad luck will come if you do not. I am not superstitious but I would not take a chance on this one.

I'm not to supersticious, but I know some who are. Having said that I can only relay my experience on it. Before the current boat I now own, I bought a used 19' Four Winns. The previous owner had the name Playmate painted on the sides in huge lettering. Being the father of 2 young daughters at the time, I didn't feel it appropriate so I changed the name to 3C's- honoring the 2 girls and wife via the first initail of their first name. -I can only say that the boat served me very well thru the years of use, with not only safety issues, but also put more than my share of Lake Erie walleyes and Ontario salmoniods in the boat. So I.M.O.- yes they say there is a ritual to follow, but one I believe that each "new" owner should decide upon themselves. -Duane

The first boat I bought was a 26' Cruisers, "True Grit". I bought it naively beliving the guy that it worked. I didn't change the name. First time out on Lake Ontario we got stranded in 150fow. We then sold it to a couple from Virginia who totaled it on the way home... all within 3 months.

I personally would change the name and never look back :)

Nick