WOW!! Another toothy pig from Keuka!

This musky was caught on Keuka recently..was emailed to my Dad from a friend..that's the only details I have. This lake is not known for it's pike or musky! Wow!! Tank

Musky.jpg

definitely a pure. there really aren't muskie in keuka probably as a result of pike oucompetition, if there ever were sometime in the geological history. that said, assuming this muskie did indeed come from keuka (the pike thread a few back shows how the story can morph) I would bet this one migrated its was in from the interconnected rivers/creeks. I don't know how the watersheds work there but there are pures in the river by elmira and in waneta (lamoka)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Wow! That's a shocker -- Keuka is my home lake and even northern pike are rare in there. That catch amazed me...

I'm thinking along the same lines as NitroMusky... Waneta has a solid musky population although I'm not sure how access to Keuka from that lake would happen...

Great catch! Consider yourself fortunate!

years ago there was a canal from waneta to a powerplant just north of the switz inn sorta like the powerplant at the oak dam .suppose fish may have made the trip and survived the turbines...definatly im possable from the chemung also the chemung containes Tigermusky not the real deal now maybe in the flood of 72 the water got high enuf in waneta and was released through the canal to ease the "mud creek"flow from the south west end of lamoka

Ray I think you might be onto something with that one. :yes: Thanks for the insight- I've been pondering this since it was posted last week :o

the 2003 application of a 'non-power permit' leads me to believe they may indeed be connected still, despite the lack of a power plant currently. that would certainly make it all the easier for a fish to make its way to keuka unharmed in the more recent years. I couldn't believe that a 1972 flood fish would still be alive 38 years later and highly doubt that a handful of those fish might have made up a successfully breeding population. So...I think we have a winner on this one!!!

leads me to wonder, if that fish made its way from waneta into keuka via lamoka, how many others are holeing up in lamoka... :thinking: