Best Events on lake O!

Alright guys I have been a long time finger lakes angler and occasionally lake o. However I recently just upgraded boats and plan to slip on the big lake and fish there all season next year. This past season we fished the Fairhaven challenge on a buddies boat and had a great time. I also learned a ton from tournament fishing the finger lakes and would like to do the same on Ontario. I'm willing to take losses to learn. Would like to hear what everyone's favorite events are on ontario to get in for next year! Thanks in advance!

We run a smaller boat and try to do a few every year weather and scheduling are always a factor this year we did the Monroe county challenge and the sodus pro am both were a lot of fun we managed a full box for each but couldn't get enough size they were both a lot of fun and we at least felt we had a chance in the past we have done the sandy creek shootout and done well there that is also very am friendly the timing just didn't work out this year the we also did the Fair Haven challenge this year and last just didn't perform well have no issues with the event for someone just getting into lake o and tourny fishing these are good events. This was our first chance to do a proam and would imagine the Oswego and niagra events are good as well based off of our experience

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Yankee Troller said:

There isn't a tougher format than the Orleans County Open. It's an event where you have to catch different species to complete your box.

Really like the sounds of that. Sounds similar to the Finger Lakes Trollers association tournaments we fish but on a lake o level. Think I'll be adding that to the list for sure!

Four largest fish, doesn't have to be kings. Ten points a fish, ten points a pound. Limited to eight rods per boat. Fish anywhere, but be at Sandy for weigh-in...not sure if that rule will hold, but it's been that way for a couple years. The organizers are top notch. Nice prize structure, paying out to 25% of the entrants. The Calcutta is great, if you remember to get into it lol...