Trolling bags and ipilot or auto

BRsnow

That's what I run . I have a 19 foot boat and run bags all the time. And yes my i pilot does just fine. The bags to me make the boat handle better I run mine even in to the wind just speed motor up . It helps you have more control. I drive all the time with only my trolling motor and it does a great job.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, bluegiller said:

That's what I run . I have a 19 foot boat and run bags all the time. And yes my i pilot does just fine. The bags to me make the boat handle better I run mine even in to the wind just speed motor up . It helps you have more control. I drive all the time with only my trolling motor and it does a great job.

Thank you, what bags are you using?

Mine are older they were made by anglers choice. I used to be a manufacturer rep for them in the early 90's and had a few sets of them around left over. I am on my last set and I have to do a repair to one of them right now. But any ones work. Biggest trick is to hook them close to the bow, always run one on each side so the boat tracks straight. And keep a rear line on them that is fairly tight. That is what keeps them from wondering under the boat , or off to the side. I have mine set so they are just a little past half way back my boat foot when they are in the water. And the back line is hooked to the rear cleat, it keeps the tension on them and it makes them easy to lift out of the water.

The rear rope attachment is what let loose on mine

I put a couple pics of how they hang and the one that's blown up I am fixing IMG_20210928_160919152.jpgdownload_20210928_161440.jpgdownload_20210928_161542.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We use the bass pro ones in XL one for each side and just use the main motor instead of investing in a kicker. Gets the job done for sure considering the Parker with enclosed cabin is a tank. I would imagine with the size of your boat and the 17 hp front troll, you should have no problem dialing in to your key speed. We usually start with one bag and then add a second if needed based on currents.

Do you have a fish hawk for underwater speed or looking at speed over ground on your unit. Big difference between the two. 
Best of luck