My friend just bought a cottage on Grindstone Island and we plan to do a lot of fishing around there from spring to  fall.  Would love to here some tips for fall and spring perch especially and would like some info on a good walleye guide that specializes around that area to help cut down on the learning curve. any tips/  info would be appreciated!

Edited by greenhornet73

Congratulations to ur friend! Grindstone is a wonderful area and has a unique community steeped in history. My aunt was actually the last school teacher on grindstone- the last one room school house in NY.
I fish around the grindrock a lot. There is a lot of ground to cover. If u follow the fish from the spawning areas in the spring to deeper water as the year progresses….. the patterns r quite predictable. Best of luck and enjoy!!! R u on the front or back side?

Thanks, it is a really cool looking island. I’m looking forward to exploring it more next year.  He is located in Rusho Bay.  Looks like it would be a great bullhead spot in the spring.  Walleye and pike would be what we would mainly be looking for but wouldn’t turn down a few good perch trips either. 

• 6 months later...