There are quite a few wrecks near here mostly deep water 

I think using a camera would help improve jigging also 

Anyone who has info let us know 

One problem with rov is reliability mostly are fgn made

Thank 

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fireredcannon said:

I ice fish with a vexilar underwater camera, we've used it on the boat a couple times. Has a 90' lead and infrared lights. Aqua vu makes some top notch gear, and if I could go back and buy again I'd probably go that route.

Sent from my moto e (XT2052DL) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The cameras have limited depth aqua has a 125 cable unit it's expensive

For Lakers you need 200 cable

Many rov go 100m

• 9 months later...

Hello, pretty new to the forums and wanted to ask: is there an option to use "up to 50m" underwater camera https://gritroutdoors.com/sealife/ for fishing at Lake Ontario? I have one just lying around and not really being useful for anything, so would it be possible to makeshift something useful out of it?

Sorry for bringing old thread up, didn't really want to make a new one of this silly question.

Edited by Robbo
forgot to mention model

There's a good number of deep water cases made for go-pro cameras that will handle anything the great lakes can offer for depth. I've seen them used on several salt water fishing shows, where guys are deep dropping in 1000ft+. They are not cheap though, I linked one of the less expensive ones that's rated for 500'+. Never used one personally, but what you want is easily achievable if you have the money to spend.

https://www.golemgear.com/p-814-gopro-housing-for-gopro-hero-9-and-gopro-hero-10-rated-to-500ft.aspx

• Like 1