Fall perch

john1947

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing that they are... out in front of the country club guys are getting both perch and eyes.  I heard another south end report that was the same.  Ive been close to heading over a couple times but haven't made it.  Here on Otisco there are some good ones being caught as well.  I know 2 spots producing and one of them has nice jack perch.  If you come here text me and I can help you.

Thanks Justin, I should have listened to you but went to Oneida for eyes instead.    Stuck quite a few but couldn’t keep them pinned with a jigging rap in 15’.  Had one close to 22” jump out of the net and nicely leave the hook tangled in it for me.  Only a few shorts landed.  I remember now why I never go out just for perch every fall,  the pursuit of walleyes always leads me elsewhere.

A0C19929-C35A-4FB4-9102-584EEC70C325.jpeg

72196642-04F0-4A66-A5C5-63665F997804.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the state launch on skaneateles is still open? If I remember correctly you can launch year round as long as the water level is good, correct? I’ll have a few chances to get out this week and thinking of trying for perch or maybe do some trolling.

• 1 month later...

Perch fishing in Sodus has been great. Try deep water off the loop.

I use small plastic green and brown on a drop sinker or a 1/2 oz stingnose.No bait  needed .

rest of the week looks good cold weather next week might bring some ice.

many launch at float bridge ,coast guard is open at the point,.

Happy new year

They're still hitting. No ice on the horizon, open water, and temps in the 40's meant I had to get the boat out. Kept just a dozen of the biggest ones. Of the three times I've been out I'm noticing that the dinks have largely disappeared. If the ice sets up it's going to be an awesome season.

1 hour ago, bosco said:

They're still hitting. No ice on the horizon, open water, and temps in the 40's meant I had to get the boat out. Kept just a dozen of the biggest ones. Of the three times I've been out I'm noticing that the dinks have largely disappeared. If the ice sets up it's going to be an awesome season.

Hi Bosco, PM sent.