Oneida 10/2

Yankee Troller

Took the wife and kid out for some scouting as our Oneida Lake charters will start up this weekend. Trolled a few places, but the weeds made it hard to keep the baits clean. Regardless, it still produced. We trolled Bay Rat Short Deeps and some Rapala Husky Jerk 10's. Can't Afford It in the Bay Rat and Purpledecent in the Rapala pulled our fish. Made a move to do some jigging and got into them good with Jigging raps in size 7. The Glow Perch pattern seemed to be the best for us in 16-20' of water.

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 2

I started off on Saturday quick with a blade until the wind shifted and they turned off. Switched to a jig and worm and picked up 4 more.  I still haven’t tried the jigging raps much in the fall. Are you casting them or vertical jigging?

1 hour ago, greenhornet73 said:

I started off on Saturday quick with a blade until the wind shifted and they turned off. Switched to a jig and worm and picked up 4 more.  I still haven’t tried the jigging raps much in the fall. Are you casting them or vertical jigging?

Casting them

1 hour ago, HOOKEM & COOKEM said:

Shiver minnows and jigging raps were the ticket for me last weekend. Couldn't get them to go on blades or bucktails but the Mac Muffin was the hot ticket. 20fow was best. Boated 18 to keep 3, lots of 12-14" shorts. Fall jig bit is heating up.

Yup, definitely quite a few shorts out there. Good to see.

1 hour ago, Yankee Troller said:

Yup, definitely quite a few shorts out there. Good to see.

I had plenty of larger marks on my graph. I just think the shorter fish were more aggressive and beating the larger fish to the bait because the 3 keepers I caught were in the same area.