Canadaigua lake 10-10-21

Went out this morning. First time on the lake for me. Tried trolling in 50-120 fow but only thing we caught was a decent small mouth. Lots of marks on the north east side of the lake at 75 fow but no bites. Lake was hard to get a good speed trolling headed north as it was fairly windy. Definitely going back for more but thinking it's too late on the season for trolling. Thoughts?IMG_20211010_093154.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 V 5G UW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not too late in season; a couple things are going on : a) the water temp is higher than usual right now and things are behind normal in general for instance the foliage on the trees. October and November can be real good normally, and b) the lake is turning over with algae all over the place suspended in the water column. We need some much cooler nights to bring down the water temperatures and a lot of the algae will disappear too. The smallies are suspended out deep where the temps are right and where most of the bait is right now. Nice one by the way. hang in there as the fall season is just getting ready to start the lake still thinks it is summer.:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

This time of year they can be anyplace in the lake from 70 ft or so out to the two hundreds but often suspended from 30-75 ft down and sometimes the smallies are in that general range as well. Both small to medium spoons ((2-3 1/4 inches work and sticks about the same size as well trolled relatively fast (2.5 -3.2 mph) and set back 50-75 ft. Most of the time the lakers hit the usual sized flasher/fly combos so I try smaller dodgers with smaller very colorful flies trolled in that 30-75 ft range and faster speed than the usual stuff.