Naples creek

This time of year in the Little Italy Valley is the riot of fall colors. Even if you don't catch even a guppy you will still be blown away by the riot of beautiful sights

On top of that is that store up on the hill going north from Naples. They have the best blueberry pies.

Edited by rolmops

Come on, no reason to blast NC on LOU!  Read the rules.

You’ve just successfully alerted a thousand people that there might be something fishable.  Great job.
[emoji1787] like people that trout fish don't already know. My first year stream fishing. Anyone can research on line. I understand protecting the species, but anyone can figure it out. Not really hiding anything when you can find info on DEC, youtube, and study the species online.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Has anyone been fishing at Naples Creek yet this fall?
Bro, I'd like to help you here, but I'd probably offend someone else by doing so. A vast majority of anglers believe in passing on conservation and ethics, like myself. However many here will not do that in fear of alerting this "wave of vultures" that will come devestate the species and destroy everything as we know it [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]. It's a bit overblown imo. Unless you live near the city, then I can see that happening, but then again a very small percentage of anglers are illegal or do illegal things. Like on the Genny, its mistreated more oftenthan it should be.
My advice is go search the species you desire online, its seasonal patterns, food sources in the area your fishing etc. You'll get more info there than here. They don't pass it on to just anyone. Most are here to fluff their feathers, not give up secrets.

1 hour ago, moonfish said:

My advice is go search the species you desire online, its seasonal patterns, food sources in the area your fishing etc. You'll get more info there than here. They don't pass it on to just anyone. Most are here to fluff their feathers, not give up secrets.

This is the spot where your "advice" went south. This website is a virtual goldmine of information that has been freely shared for many years by very generous people. For much of the 70 plus years I have fished the "old timers" closely guarded their "secrets" in terms of techniques, lures, and fishing spots and would seldom reveal ANYTHING to novices or fishermen that weren't part of the Good Old Boys network. This website has overcome those obstacles to learning for thousands of people. If you think information on here is being withheld I would suggest that it is for good reason. There is a vast difference between fishing the small streams of New York and trolling the larger lakes including Lake O. where fishing pressures and illegal activity may be serious but perhaps not to the extent that it can tank the fishery entirely. To a degree this also applies to particular vulnerable species as well such as perch and crappies because of their particular schooling habits and increased vulnerability. People responding to these "sensitive nature" posts are trying to protect these diminishing resources by not calling focused attention alerting the entire Internet to potentials for exploitation; not purposely withholding "secrets" or only revealing things to a particular group of "in' individuals. Not everyone  in our society or on the Internet is conservation minded. Many times when sensitive issues are encountered here the way to respond is through a personal message offering information to be shared with a person but not publicly announced so that the information can be exploited. Just something to think about....

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well said Les. To give an example that might help people understand, almost NOBODY posts about great deer sightings at their favorite state land deer hunting spots. Why?? Because the word will drive interest, visitation and result in a reduced experience to the poster. Generally speaking, what is good for the fish is subsequently good for fishermen. 

• Like 1