LOTSA Salmon School Registration Is Now Open

Don't miss the opportunity to learn from one of the most knowledgeable Salmon fisherman ever on Lake Ontario at the LOTSA Salmon School this coming February. The School will be held during the Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo February 17 - 20. 2022. Registration for the School is now open and already 50% of the seats are sold! Click here to signup for the School and learn from Vince, Brian and Russell how to up your game for Kings in 2022!

Salmon School Registration link:      https://lotsa1.org/sign-up-lotsa/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since (unfortunately) the "unofficial" word is that the Niagara show is cancelled....is it too soon to ask the question about what is going to happen with the salmon school?   I made it one year, had snow storms keep me from traveling to the next 2...then covid...now covid rearing its head again I feel like I'm the problem lol.   

aint nothing going to be any different in march or any other month in this state.the panic p*rn ,covid theater,and the fear mongering being pushed in this state will never end.if they want to have this show,they are going to have to move it to florida!!!!!!i truly feel sorry for all the people who put alot of time into making this happen,just to have the carpet pulled out from underneath them,again!!!!!!

Edited by finsntins
mis spelling
  • Like 2

That last posting was utterly unnecessary. If I wanted to hear uneducated drivel I know where to go to get it. This is a fishing forum not a soap box for your right wing bs. Please focus your thoughts on those of us who actually live here here where the LOTSA event takes place and understand I can't afford to transmit COVID to my 92 year old mother in an assisted living facility because I went to a fishing Expo with people from all over. We, all of us, bear a huge responsibility to everyone else on this- Remember- It's like driving drunk. Just because you want to do it, doesn't make it a good idea or mean it's your right to do it.

30 minutes ago, chowder said:

That last posting was utterly unnecessary. If I wanted to hear uneducated drivel I know where to go to get it. This is a fishing forum not a soap box for your right wing bs. Please focus your thoughts on those of us who actually live here here where the LOTSA event takes place and understand I can't afford to transmit COVID to my 92 year old mother in an assisted living facility because I went to a fishing Expo with people from all over. We, all of us, bear a huge responsibility to everyone else on this- Remember- It's like driving drunk. Just because you want to do it, doesn't make it a good idea or mean it's your right to do it.

chowder, he lives in Old Forge NY where there are more bears per square mile than people. His sense of reality is slightly skewed in the bubble he lives in. 

im not living in any bubble,im not hiding in my basement,and im not livivng in the woods with the bears,im out in the world living and enjoying my life like a free american.chowder,if i had an elederly family memeber in a nursing home,than i wouldnt be going to a fishing expo with people coming in from all over,thats just common sense,but it doesnt mean that the rest of the world needs to be hididng in their basements and nobody can be out doing what they want.you make common sense decisions for you and your family and everyone else can make common sense decisions for themselves and let the world get back to normal. 

• Like 3

There are over 400 people hospitalized in Erie county right now due to COVID. Just about everyone I know has gotten this latest version or has family members that had a recent bout of Omicron. Thankfully, the level of mortality with this rendition has been low. 

I'm sure that everyone is aware of this already and I'm told that almost all refunds have been issued.  Thanks for everyone's patients and understanding.

Thank you for signing up for the 2022 Salmon School and for supporting LOTSA. If you haven’t already heard, The Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo which the Salmon School is a component of has announced that the Show is canceled due to Covid (full announcement below). So therefore, our Salmon School is also canceled.  We are extremely disappointed given all of the work that was already put into the school and the fact that everyone of us attending would have been a better fisherman this year because of what we would have learned from Captains Vince, Brian and Russell.  We are already looking forward to our 2023 Salmon School that will be happening as part of the Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo February 16-19, 2023.

We will be refunding your full $85 payment shortly thru the way you paid for it. Please note the $85 included your 2022 LOTSA membership ($10). So, if you want to be a LOTSA member for 2022, you will need to sign up again and pay $10.  Your membership is very important to us and we hope that you see the value in LOTSA and will choose to become a member this year.

Click this link to signup for your 2022 membership: Sign Up – LOTSA Membership | Lake Ontario Trout & Salmon Association (lotsa1.org)

Press Release:
“Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo Canceled for February

Niagara Falls, NY – The Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo, scheduled for February 17-20, 2022 at the Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls has been canceled. 

In addition to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the region, it would be extremely difficult to maintain COVID-19 protocols due to the nature of this event.   The health and safety of the exhibitors, speakers, attendees and staff are of the utmost priority at this time.

Mark your calendars for February 16-19, 2023 when this event will return bigger and better than ever!

For additional information, please visit www.niagarafishingexpo.com.”

Looking forward to a return to “normal” this spring and being able to enjoy our Pen Rearing, Meetings, Seminars, Tournaments & Picnic events again.

LOTSA President – Joe Yaeger