Muzzleloader buck

Kevin J Legg

any deer with a smoke pipe is a nice deer. what bullets were you using.

i switched to a CVA 45 accura lr last yr and semi retired my encore. i'm shooting the new aero tip elr power belts and getting amazing 3 shot groups. so i bought these for the encore. the other day i took my 14 yr old granddaughter shooting with the encore for her first time with a ML. i took it easy on her as she has never shot one. she only started shooting a 22 last yr. but her 3 shot group was 2 almost center bulls eyes at 50 yrds and she said she pulled on the last shot. and she had pulled it and hit about 4" high. these bullets shoot great out of my encore.

Use to use 250 shockwaves with 3 triple 7 pellets Shot great but not great expansion.

I switched to 245 grain Barnes spitfire with 100 grains of Black Horn. Shot equally well

but cleaner and much better expansion.

Rusty hooked me up with the Barnes bullets and they seem to work great on the 2 deer I’ve taken. Great penetration plus good expansion.

8 hours ago, Kevin J Legg said:

Use to use 250 shockwaves with 3 triple 7 pellets Shot great but not great expansion.

I switched to 245 grain Barnes spitfire with 100 grains of Black Horn. Shot equally well

Rusty hooked me up with the Barnes bullets and they seem to work great on the 2 deer I’ve taken. Great penetration plus good expansion.

Its a great combination... Congrats on the buck!

10 hours ago, Kevin J Legg said:

i used 3 777 pellets behind the CVA slick loads for yrs. the only 2 bullets i was able to retrieve was the 2 chest shots i made at close range. all my other bullets were pass throughs leaving a huge exit wound. i just liked the looks of the aero tip elr bullets so i tried them in my 45 encore LR rifle. my groups was the best i've got with any bullet with my 50 cal's. so i got some for my 50 cal encore. they grouped well for my granddaughter.

i just cant wait until i shoot a deer with them and see how they stack up. i hunted with them last yr and didn't get a shot. the only deer i seen was running at 150 yrds through the brush. then i seen its tail at about 80 yrds. some people would have took that tail shot but i don't need a deer that bad.