for sale : usa COMPLETE 350 VORTEC 315 HP FOR SALE

must be picked up in Muncie Indiana. i bought and had installed a 350 vortec aluminum high rise double line holly 4 barrel holly carb in 2010 and hasn't been used much at all. most yrs we make a 1 week trip to Erie and a one week trip to play in the water at Brookville lake in Indiana. a couple of yrs it wasn't used at all. one time we skipped 2 yrs and I had to pump out old gas. just didn't want to try it on 2 yr old gas. the original carb started peeling in the bowl and stopping up the jets. it had a 600 dual line carb on it. I replaced the carb with a 750 carb and at wot on top end it misses a bit., I think a set of plugs might change that as it still has the original plugs since new. but at low and mid range all the way up to full throttle it runs great.

this is a set in complete motor. just drop it in and go. the boat is an 86 with the large flywheel. if you have an older boat that has the small flywheel it will have to be changed. I have taken the outdrive off boat but the motor is still setting in boat and can be started and run for a very short time. it has the electric fuel pump that shuts off if you don't have oil pressure. i put a switch on it that bypasses the shut off to fill the carb with gas when cold after setting for a year. then the switch turns off when released. it will pump just fine without the switch when cranking.

2250.00 cash! we have a lift to remove the motor from the boat and set in your truck or for gas i can deliver it. if you tow your boat here we can drop it in for you at no charge but you'll have to help remove motor as I've never done that. im getting ready to watch youtube.

Edited by sherman brown

lowered price to 2250.00. this is a drop in and go motor that was bought brand new and installed by Michigan motors. i thought it was 2007 but was 2010 and starts and runs great. this was the silver package with holly dual line 600 carb. to get it right now on special it costs 5989.00 plus shipping and taxes. i'm asking 2250.00 for the same motor only the 600 carb has been replaced with a 750.

will deliver for gas or pick up in muncie in. motor still hooked up so you can see it run if you want. or i can remove it and have it ready to load.

Edited by sherman brown

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 3:00 PM, The Net said:

Take a picture wondering the height if would fit in my boat with a high manifold mine is 5.7 rodchester carb,and realy I live a long way,tex4138223548

Sent from my SM-J737U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i'll try to get you a picture in the next few days. but i still have the motor in the boat and i've kind of stopped messing with it until spring. i would say the intake is a medium rise and not a high rise. michigan motors removed a 228 hp 305 and replaced it with this 350 without any issues. took the boat in one morning and was home that evening. i bought the silver package so i used my accessories. but this motor now comes ready to set in and play.

I just had the water separator oil and oil filter changed before our trip to Erie. they have about 40 hrs on them. most people change the oil and filter each season, but I just wanted you to be aware of the hrs on them. if you have questions or concerns you can call me at 931-seven zero four 7244,

it is a long drive for you, but you won't be disappointed. you will more than get your monies worth. as I have no control over how the motor is used, I can only give a DOA warranty on it. but if the motor doesn't run as described when you get it installed, I'll make it right. 

it has a marine electric fuel pump that doesn't pump without oil pressure. I had a toggle switch installed to bypass this feature. so, if the boat sets for a week or longer I'll trip the toggle switch and fill the carb for the first time then she's good to go. the toggle switch is spring loaded and kicks off when released. then I pump the gas one time and give it just a little throttle and she fires right up and runs sweet. I have it idled down to 600 rps and she is still smooth at idle. but you can set the idle up to 750 or set it where you want it. after I set the idle down, I started using a set of 36" trolling bags and ran her a little higher for trolling, I just never idles her back up.

I bought the boat back from the insurance company so i would have a spare for the boat we bought to replace it with. but it has a almost new long block from Michigan motors. I'm 70 now and that motor should last the rest of my life. so instead of storing it I decided to just sell it.

if you need a plywood motor cover that's made with treated plywood and covered in Cabela's premium carpet with the rubber mat off the old cover under the carpet top, I'm sure we can work something out.

SORRY for the long post.

I don't know the firing order. but it's a standard MerCruiser 5.7 marine motor. I'm sure it has the same firing order as any small block 350 chevy MerCruiser motor.

I'm 70 now and the boat is setting outside with the motor cover covering the motor. it's a major job for me to go down to the pole barn and get a ladder and climb into the boat. I'm sure if you have a standard MerCruiser 305 or 350 it will drop in and work for you.

the boat is a 21' 86 cobia glass boat open bow. it came from the factory with a 228 hp 5.0 305 with a 4-barrel carb with a MerCruiser alpha 1 outdrive. i swapped out the 5.0 305 for a 5.7 350 315 hp. Michigan motors is still selling this same engine for 5989.00 just go to their web site click on marine engines then click on partial engine package then click on silver package then read all about it. it is a bolt in engine for replacing 86 and above 5.0 or 5.7 engines. before 86 and some 86 models will need the flywheel changed out. this is a Vortec engine with roller cam and lifters. the only thing that i would do is change the sparkplugs. i may have changed them out 1 time since new but I'm not sure it isn't on the original plugs.

i tried going to their site but got an error at michiganmotorz.com but did a search for Michigan motors and got to it that way.