One thing I want to cross off my bucket list this fall is trolling for steelhead off the tributaries.  I’m planning to troll some spoons in 10-20’ along shore this weekend before I reluctantly put the boat away for winter. I would love to hear some tips from anyone that has done this in terms of lures/ techniques.

• Like 1

Please Let us know where you fished and if you caught anything, I wanted to get out but may not get a chance. I’ve gone out in years past just flatline or weighted  spoons in front of SR, but only caught 2 steelhead and a couple skunk trips,,,, I know bill saiff posts good pike and walleye action in Henderson area every late fall.

Edited by seeyawader

• 2 weeks later...

Completely hit or miss as stream levels and temps are conducive to shooting right up the river. If are not marking fish,seeing jumping etc etc don’t spend much time.  The estuary may be a better play

47 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Completely hit or miss as stream levels and temps are conducive to shooting right up the river. If are not marking fish,seeing jumping etc etc don’t spend much time.  The estuary may be a better play

Great to know, makes sense.  Back trolling or casting?