Gas

HB2

6 minutes ago, fisherdude said:

Really ! Dems shut down Federal lands to Drilling they shut down crude oil pipelines they shut down liquid petroleum Pipelines shut fracking now we have to buy from overseas that doesn't drive the rake price up .......

Sent from my SM-A125U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Correction. We export we do not import.

• Like 1

I've read and listened to an awful lot of reasons (excuses) regarding the drastic rise in the price of gas. Fact of the matter is from mid 2016 until January of 2020 the price was low. And the reason for the low prices during that time frame was?

Edited by spoonfed-1

I long for person that will run for office , have the stones to fight off the made up criticisms ,non apologetically  put the American people fist , and who actually cares about the common citizen and do what's right 

Are they out there ? 

Oh, wait ............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spoonfed-1 said:

I've read and listened to an awful lot of reasons (excuses) regarding the drastic rise in the price of gas. Fact of the matter is from mid 2016 until January of 2020 the price was low. And the reason for the low prices during that time frame was?

The Donald made the US self sufficient. We didn’t need imported petroleum or coal. It drove  the price of crude down to historic lows   The Joe took over , shut down the XL pipeline so his Ukrainian pipeline could furnish us oil fro Russia at much higher prices ( putting money in Joe and Hunters bank acts. )  Trump told the Chinese to pack it in their azz.  That pissed off a lot of US corporations that have sold out for profit   And Joe has 3 more years to finish the US forever 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chinook35 said:

The Donald made the US self sufficient. We didn’t need imported petroleum or coal. It drove  the price of crude down to historic lows   The Joe took over , shut down the XL pipeline so his Ukrainian pipeline could furnish us oil fro Russia at much higher prices ( putting money in Joe and Hunters bank acts. )  Trump told the Chinese to pack it in their azz.  That pissed off a lot of US corporations that have sold out for profit   And Joe has 3 more years to finish the US forever 

You win!!!

Energy independence. And now we are begging opec to increase production.

Edited by spoonfed-1

I did not think that I would come back to this thread because it is so filled with prejudice and lack of knowledge. Anyway, here goes.

Oil prices were down very much because of over production in the tar sands of the Dakotas. Add to that the pandemic which depressed demand worldwide. In fact a lot of small oil companies specially the ones that produced oil from tar sands went belly up , although production in those areas is starting up again because oil on the world markets has risen above $80 per barrel

Demand is rising worldwide , but opec holds production down and the prices go up worldwide. 

The oil prices in the USA are not independent from world oil prices. In fact the USA oil prices are the exact same as the world oil prices. If demand in China goes up, world oil prices go up and that includes USA oil prices at the gas station. There is no oil shortage in the USA, but big oil will sell to the American market at the world spot price rate which is decided in London and Rotterdam.

So please do not get dragged along by planted misinformation, because it just does not help you in any way.

Edited by rolmops
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, rolmops said:

I did not think that I would come back to this thread because it is so filled with prejudice and lack of knowledge. Anyway, here goes.

Oil prices were down very much because of over production in the tar sands of the Dakotas. Add to that the pandemic which depressed demand worldwide. In fact a lot of small oil companies specially the ones that produced oil from tar sands went belly up , although production in those areas is starting up again because oil on the world markets has risen above $80 per barrel

Demand is rising worldwide , but opec holds production down and the prices go up worldwide. 

The oil prices in the USA are not independent from world oil prices. In fact the USA oil prices are the exact same as the world oil prices. If demand in China goes up, world oil prices go up and that includes USA oil prices at the gas station. There is no oil shortage in the USA, but big oil will sell to the American market at the world spot price rate which is decided in London and Rotterdam.

So please do not get dragged along by planted misinformation, because it just does not help you in any way.

Wrong. CNN talking points. The price of energy was low for 2 1/2 yrs before the pandemic hit unlike the 8 yrs prior to 2016.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, spoonfed-1 said:

Wrong. CNN talking points. The price of energy was low for 2 1/2 yrs before the pandemic hit unlike the 8 yrs prior to 2016.

Oil prices were down very much because of over production in the tar sands of the Dakotas. Add to that the pandemic .

It clearly says: "Add to that the Pandemic"

so I was not wrong,

Oh, about CNN, I use them for news. For understanding it I use NPR

• Like 1

The pipeline got stopped , the wall got stopped ,  the  Afghanistan debacle , wanting to pay illegal aliens 450 k And make them rich . This stuff didn't happen ? And please with the prejudice and misinformation . 

We were told we would never see 2$ gas and we did 

We were told shutting down China and other countries  from our boarders was wrong . And it was right. 

We were told shutting down businesses and schools was,what to do which Don DID NOT want to do and the World Health organization said it was wrong to shut down . 

Also told it would take 5 years + for vaccine , it took 8 months and Kammy said she wouldn't take it and did . 

Dems da facts .  

And there are more . Lots more . 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Oil prices were down very much because of over production in the tar sands of the Dakotas. Add to that the pandemic .

It clearly says: "Add to that the Pandemic"

so I was not wrong,

Oh, about CNN, I use them for news. For understanding it I use NPR

That explains a lot.

2 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Cornelius, what’s your take on Drudge?

I do not really have time to read that source. I told you why last year. That situation is just getting worse.

I wish I had time to read it because I hear that although they are conservative, they gather reports from all sources.

I dislike the Huffpost because they only react to tweets and always show counter tweets, but do not contribute anything.

CNBC has Rachel Maddows whom I like as a very intelligent analyst but they mix their news and opinion and represent it as news much like Fox does.

I freely admit that most of my reading is colored by the university environment that I live in. But that allows me to keep news and opinion apart.

I hope to meet you on the water next season.

Edited by rolmops

On 10/31/2021 at 10:19 PM, rolmops said:

I do not really have time to read that source. I told you why last year. That situation is just getting worse.

I wish I had time to read it because I hear that although they are conservative, they gather reports from all sources.

I dislike the Huffpost because they only react to tweets and always show counter tweets, but do not contribute anything.

CNBC has Rachel Maddows whom I like as a very intelligent analyst but they mix their news and opinion and represent it as news much like Fox does.

I freely admit that most of my reading is colored by the university environment that I live in. But that allows me to keep news and opinion apart.

I hope to meet you on the water next season.

True, but when you fact check almost anything on Fox news, it's pretty much true......

• Like 1

I'm sick of the whole lot of them 

Every election time we hear for months what they are going to do . They get elected and do very little or the  opposite . Or at least most do . 

I don't care what party.  Just do the right thing by the American citizen . Be a patriot . They take an oath  And seem to disregard it  .  And I may not agree with some of it . But some of what I see is down right ridiculous . 

Have some honor already . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well said fisherdude.  While the multiple crises are unbelieveable, the one that bothers me the most is the total f up in Afghanistan. 13 service members dead because this senile idiot didn't listen to his  military.  He personally put the Marines in a no win situation. The real problem will be if we get into a serious crisis like Taiwan with China.  All other self inflicted problems will seen trivial.  Unfortunately, everyone who voted for Biden knew he wasn't qualified and this could happen but did it anyway. 

Everyone should get off the Facebook, Twitter, TicTok etc. All they do is (pun intended) spoonfeed you with garbage using their algorithms, based on what they have enticed you previously, to look at. For them, the more divisive, the better. All they care about and what gets more clicks, eyeballs, advertisers and ultimately money and power. And many of the most divisive people on those platforms are only interested in clicks likes and fake friends and followers. It is their brand and how they make a living and the more divisive and/or controversial, the better. Some of them are Russians. Some of them are Chinese. Some of them think they are Journalists and try to steer people to their fake internet (ideological, opinion only) shock news outlets. Some of them are Iranians and others. Many of them are Americans, US politicians and 'want to be' US politicians who are misguided and have lost their way and they do nothing but hurt the country with their divisiveness. THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTELY LAST PLACES TO GO FOR REAL NEWS.

And Sk8man is right on. China has been waging an economic war against the US since the 90s which has helped position themselves to try and take over the world which may include a more serious war in the near future. Our big Corporations never should have (I hope this doesn't get censored) gone to bed with them. The correct term for them is a Communistic Autocracy. Our economy needs to start working more against them than with them as much as we can and redefine our economic relationship with them.

PS: the biggest problem in this country is that the big corporations, multi billionaires and Wall Street are being allowed to control Washington, mostly hiding behind ideologies.

Let's get back to fishing now!!

Edited by muskiedreams
Changed text ...pardon the pun to ...pun intended
  • Like 1