What have you killed a deer with?

dawsonscreek

23 hours ago, tuffishooker said:

If you had to pick ONE gun what would it be ?

my encore has killed more deer and i've yet to get my first deer with my new CVA accura v2 45 caliber LR. so the choice is really hard to make because i like the CVA just a little better and it shoots a tighter group thban the encore. i've started letting my 14 yr old granddaughter shoot the encore so that will probably be her gun. so my choice is the CVA accura v2 45 LR rifle with the new aero tip ELR bullets with 150 grn of 777 pellets.

If you had to pick ONE gun what would it be ?
My Left Handed Remmington 700 BDL 30-06. It'll kill anything in North America and has had its fair share of deer, bear, and coyote.

I like that gun soo much, a few years ago I had it completely disassembled, cleaned, reblued, reassembled and fitted with a brand new Leopold scope. That should get me another 25 years out of it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i started deer hunting at a late age around 30. i took the front sight of an old savage 16 auto that my brother found in a trash barrel with the barrel bent and replaced the front sight with a ground dawn thumb screw turned sideways. i attached a ml rear sight on it. the 2nd day of our gun season of my first hunt i killed a nice 8 pointer.

several with the 16 savage

a Mossburg 12 that i don't remember the number of

a 50 Cal cva kit gun muzzleloader

a 12 ga cva double barrel muzzleloader loaded with a 690-round ball with 90 grns of black powder

a 50 Cal cva double barrel

a white 50 muzzleloader

a 50 Cal Thompson center encore that i used for many yrs.

a 70# Hoyt bow

a2001 mercury grand marquis. my brother n law died in TN just an hr. after I returned from tn. my wife was already there. i took off in a hurry to get there. at night. was flying around curves and was about halfway around a steep curve and a herd of 20 or so deer ran right out in front of me and stopped. i took out 3 before i could get stopped. all 3 ended up in the ditch on the right side. I thought about loading them up and cleaning them but decided i was just to darn tired. it was only about 5 miles to go so i went to the sheriff's office and made a report for my insurance. then went on home. my wife's uncle came upon a guy loading them in the back of his truck. so, they didn't go to waste.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

PSE Compound

Matthews Compound

Matthews recurve

Barnett Crossbow

12 ga 870 rifled

20 ga 1187 rifled

Savage 10 ML II

TC Encore 7mm-08 15"

Smith 1911 45 ACP

Savage Striker 6BRX 15 7/8"

Savage Striker 7mm WSM 15 7/8"

Smith 686 357mag

Savage 25-06

Savage 7mm-08

Savage 7mm WSM

Marlin 45-70 guide gun

Still trying with

Smith 29 44 Mag

Savage Striker 50 ML 15"

• 6 months later...

I unintentionally ran into a doe in California’s Yosemite Valley while riding my motorcycle. We both ended up laying on the road and the bad news is that we both survived the impact. I was pretty bruised and sore, but she was seriously injured. I was carrying a .38 revolver in my luggage and put her out of her misery.

Super Mario

Edited by orborneee

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't resist diving into the conversation about your deer hunting experiences. It's always fascinating to see the variety of weapons folks have used to bag those elusive bucks. Your list is pretty impressive! From the Rem 870 12-gauge slug to the Hoyt and Mathew's bows and even that unexpected Toyota Tacoma entry—quite the eclectic lineup you've got there. It must have been an adventure with each of those choices. Speaking of deer hunting, I recently stumbled upon a blog at https://deerhuntinglife.com/ It's not just about the gear; it's about the passion, the stories, and the camaraderie that make hunting so special.

Edited by Ireslo

Remington model 700, 7MM mag

Traditions Vortex .50 cal muzzeloader

Martin, Bengal compound bow

Stryker crossbow

Remington 1100 12 guage

pump 12 guage ( don't remember model)

Bear compound bow

Thompson center .50 caliber muzzleloader

Fawns with discbine when mowing alfafa ;(

Top 4 is my current lineup