Cayuga temps/action?

Anybody go out today? Planning to go out tomorrow,maybe try the south end for a bit if the planer bite is starting to happen, would appreciate any current info- haven't actually fished since 3/28. PMs are fine.

Fished this morning, shakedown cruise. On the water by 7ish, temps in the far south end are 40 - 42, drops pretty quickly as you head north, 37 off of Bolton Pt.. We didn't move a rod :@

Standard brown spread, stickbaits off the boards and spoons off riggers, 2 colors of lead a little deeper. Boards bouncing the shorline and all the way out to 100 fow, nothing going.

I didn't see anyone else move a rod nor did anyone we talked to land a fish. Bluebird day with no wind ... at least by 1100 hrs.

But heh ....... tomorrow might be a better day. Let us know how you do!!

DAN

I counted 17 boats trolling the south end this morning. I was going to be one of them but I still need to mount my planner masts. Couple of guys couldn't make it so I fished the inlet and salmon creek, then got home and finished the install. Boat is now ready.

Weather man said NW 20 to 30 for today, boy were thay wrong. Didn't turn NW till about 1 and then it was nothing.

I'll be out for the season starting next weekend,

RR

Fished the south end from 9:30 till 3:30 one 10" LL only bite my son and I had. When we were launching talked to a guy and his friend they were leaving had several brownies. One was about 8-10lbs it was a beautiful fish he said he caught it right out in front of the light house trolling a spinner. when we left water temp was 46 in the lake and 53 by the launch. we even tried out deep for lakers marked alot of bait deep. Tried 90-120ft down riggers and wire divers nothing. Should have made the drive to big pond they did well out of Fair Haven. There's always next weekend.

Did the shakedown this morning.Fished from 7:30 till about 1:00.Fished the south end.Trolled boards out up the east side.Got nothing.Then put down the riggers.Marked bait and fish deep but no tackers.Came back in and threw out a small rapala when we hit the inlet on our way back to the launch.Then bam.Hit a nice brown about 6lbs about 200 yards into the inlet.Pulled 15 alewives from it's belly.Was a spawned out female with the feed bag on.

Hmm.... Doesn't sound too promising, but thanks for the reports. We left the islander w/ Hank on friday so we got the 16', and we'll probably go out on the big O when we go back up to get the "bigger" boat- so despite the glum prospects I will give Cayuga a try today anyway (can't be worse than sticking around here all day!)

I fished the south end from 5:30 til 8 pm 4/18, one small salmon. No other hits. I didn't see any chasing or other indication of a lot of fish up shallow. It was a beautiful evening to be on the water though! I did mark temps of 48-52 degrees, with the warmest in the inlet.