Wind direction and speed

Hi everyone I want to hit either Cayuga or Canandaigua to try for perch this weekend. I see 14 mile per hour West wind on Saturday in 11 mile per hour southwind on Sunday.  Curious what that 11 mile per south wind will mean for the northern tip of Canandaigua  or cayuga will it mess the lake up bad or is 11 mile per hour South wind tolerable thank you

Both Canandaigua and Cayuga are wind tunnels and hard to predict. There is one golden rule If the wind comes from the south, don't fish the north end and if the wind is from the north don't fish the south end

• Like 1

This might sound counter intuitive but when the wind gets to about 10 mph from north or south on most of the Finger lakes you have white caps, and for perch fishing it is very difficult to either drift, anchor, or keep over the fish with Spot Lock on an electric trolling motor. With a wind from other directions despite it being higher velocity it may be possible to locate in a bay or protected area on the side of the lake the wind is coming from as many of the Finger Lakes such as Canadaigua have wooded steep sides which can block some of the wind velocity. You may be stuck either anchoring up with anchors in the front and back or trying to hover in place with Spot Lock though with higher gusts.

Thanks a lot for the input guys, I really appreciate and respect it. Having 3 young children at home, I do not get to pick my days or how frequently I can get out. I always try to make the best of it when I can get out. It sounds like I will be better off sticking close to home and we'll go drift the lower river with my boat.