North-Northeast winds 6-12 mph
Snow showers most of the day
Trolling deep diving plugs.
Boated 3 walleyes, 1 lake trout

F5ABBE64-CA9D-40D6-BAD4-6D6803F10D5F.jpeg

49B15987-7993-4103-99D0-74CCDA3D4D80.jpeg

C226B22E-948B-411F-9CB4-C662F5972FB5.jpeg

• Like 4

I took a friend and those were by far his personal bests.  29 1/2” and 30 1/4” both over the 10 lb mark.  I got to catch the third one which was 27”.  A rare occasion for me.  I will hopefully get out more before ice up.  The Boston Whaler27 is in storage but the Grady White is close by and ready for action.  I also have the open Starcraft ready to go.  

OK, You guy's. Let's do a real Walleye King of New York State next Year.   I already witnessed one top 35 inches. And Iv'e had guy's boat one's that weigh over 15 #s.  15#s 9 oz.  all let go to breed next yr.   117 boated keepers 18 inches and up.  How we going to do it ?  

15 lbs is a giant for sure.  My personal bests came many seasons ago in May 2004.  A double that was 14 lbs 8 oz and 14 lbs 6 oz.  The interesting part of the story is they were both tagged fish.  I called them in and both fish were tagged in Canada when they were 21” in length.  When we caught them in the NE end of Lake Ontario and grew to 36” each and it was 15 years later.  Pretty amazing how they migrated and chose their spawning grounds.  The Canada Fish and Game sent me a hat and a printout with their data.  Hard to believe time has flown by dam near 20 years now.  We have boated many over the years that flirted with the 14 pound mark. None over 34”.  I keep saying if you catch one 36” in today’s ecosystem it may be 20 lbs if boated this time of year.  The goby diet definitely plumped up all target species.  If the wind ever eases up for a weekend plunge we will try to make it happen.  Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.  May we all be blessed in 2022 and many more!  🎅🧑🏻‍🎄🎄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, do NOT give away locations or some first time fishing idiot WILL be there ahead of you!  And try not to let other boats see you net a fish or they will be over that spot before you can return to it.  I started chartering in 1997 and thought that I had "seen it all" until last year some moron started 80 yards away from me and ran his boat so close to me that his lures actually passed under my bow.  And he smiles and waves to me!  All I could do not to give him a one finger wave in return.  This happened near Pigeon Island so if this was you, I WILL be throwing 2 ounce sinkers at anyone that close to me again.  I am the one in the black and red Starcraft 196 Fishmaster.

Fight your fish rod down and figure out a way not to use a net.  That's what I do on my boat when. on my own time to get left alone.  Nothing I can do when it's a customer trip but on my own time pulling a train of boats around sucks and I go to great lengths to keep it from happening and if it does I reel up and go to the other end of the lake and just sit there if they follow me.  

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised by the comments wrt other boats doing the dirty deeds of trying to cover your course and hookups.  If they are charter boats I would have a dockside chat for sure.  If not I would put the boat pix up on social media with a storyline of his bogarting tactics.  Courtesy and ethics are what separates the pros from the morons…I would never risk landing a fish with out a net.