Cayuga Cayuga 12/5

Haven't been on the water in a long while so when the winds were calm this morning it was time to get out there.  No lines no waiting at Dean's so launched about 9 went straight out 50 yards and started trolling.  Fish were near or on bottom out to 120 fow then suspended between 80 and 120 towards the middle of the lake.   Probably all lake trout or at least that was all that was hungry.  First fish of the day was the largest at 29 inches, the rest ranged from 16 to 24.  Equal numbers hit spoons and flies.  Steady pick right along then back at the dock by 1.  Great December day to be on the water. 

Not seeing reports here lately, anyone working the South end finding some Salmon or are they still in the creeks?  I'll be waiting for the lake to drop a little more before launching down at Taughannock.

1205211010b.jpg

1205211050a.jpg

1205211110.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/5/2021 at 9:02 PM, Reel Doc said:

Haven't been on the water in a long while so when the winds were calm this morning it was time to get out there.  No lines no waiting at Dean's so launched about 9 went straight out 50 yards and started trolling.  Fish were near or on bottom out to 120 fow then suspended between 80 and 120 towards the middle of the lake.   Probably all lake trout or at least that was all that was hungry.  First fish of the day was the largest at 29 inches, the rest ranged from 16 to 24.  Equal numbers hit spoons and flies.  Steady pick right along then back at the dock by 1.  Great December day to be on the water. 

Not seeing reports here lately, anyone working the South end finding some Salmon or are they still in the creeks?  I'll be waiting for the lake to drop a little more before launching down at Taughannock.

1205211010b.jpg

1205211050a.jpg

1205211110.jpg

I have a couple mag 10s cheap if ya want an upgrade from the hang cranks

Nice catch!

Lake level looks to be dropping quick, down about 7-8" in the last week to ~382.5 as of today so you should be good for Taughannock.

I have not been on the water since September, deer season wrapped up now so the Lund will be hitting the water in the next couple weeks.

I will keep you updated as you know how much I love the next 3 months of winter fishing.

Take care and good luck out there! 

• Like 1