I Bay to Ship Builders 4/18/09

What a nice day to be on the water. Less than one footers and the fish cooperated. Fished from 7 till bout 1 out of my gas sipping 16 footer today and ended up 7-9. Five cookie cutter browns, two steelies and a fat sloppy laker. I could not get a fish to hit a stickbait off of the boards! I threw everything i had at them and nothing but the rigger and the spoon bite was where we found our sweet spot. Five fish came off of a michigan stinger candy corn and the other was a michigan stinger watermelon. Nice to be out and troll all day on two gallons of gas.

fished from 6 fow out to 20 and the best rigger bite was five foot down over 8-10 fow

salmonite;

I also fished the same waters as you on the 18th. Watermelon of the riggers was a good spoon for us also. Had the otter boats going lines were set 100' and 150' back water was clear I could see bottom all day...black and silver sticks....black and gold sticks took fish nothing else was working off the boards... I was in the boat with the blue bimini top and two antennas did you see me out there?

Mark

yes sir... i thought that was you. I didn't see the famed white cooler off of the back with reel jerks on it so i didn't know :D . you got out about 11 or so right?

Whats up with bruce? Is his boat in yet? Haven't talked with him this year yet.

Yes that was the day we launched the boat for the year. On the lake about 11 am. Spent a little time in the bay calibration the auto pilot and checking out everything else on the boat before we ventured out onto the lake. No cooler on the back of the boat yet. No reason to keep fish, IE LOC derby, Pro Am.

Bruce does not have his boat in yet.

Give me a shout when your out.

Mark