info water in compartment behind starboard battery 2000 trophy 20.5

Turboal

I have only had this boat for 3 months and while pulling the batteries out for the winter i see water behind and below the starboard battery so not wanting it to freeze i pump it out and out and out what looked like a little water ended up being 10 to 15 gallons. I did check the port side and no water there. So my question is do I have a plugged drain and this water is suppose to drain into the bilge or has this water accumulated over 20 years of use. The water was clear, no oil or growth.

cant figure out why boat is upside down but would be a solution to my water problem ( :

There should be a couple of pvc drains that pass through the stringers into the bilge. They get clogged sometimes. Use something to pass through the drain to clear. Also, make sure your boat is angled up on trailer to keep it draining 

I looked yesterday and found one hole that had a wire harness going though it into the bilge. Water was dribbling past the harness but it is too high of a hole to drain the whole compartment. I will take another look tomorrow for more drains. 

Thankyou Gill-T

On my 1802, there’s a small pvc pipe like Gill-T said, it’s located all the way down at the bottom of the bilge where it meets the transom and the bulkhead holding the water back (I hope that makes sense). I reach down in through the bilge access by the motor and use stiff wire or stick to free up any clogs. 

OK finally found where water is coming from. The starboard fishwell drain line must have a hole in it somewhere. I put plumbing antifreeze in the fishwell last night so the pump wouldn't freeze and it all ended up in the transon this morning. Port side fishwell still has antifreeze in it.

• Like 1