Jump to content

Vaccine booster


HB2

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, fcboats said:

Perhaps we should contact Donny for advice.  Seems like he knows more than anyone on this subject.  Perhaps we can inject ourselves with disinfectant as this is what he had stated.  

Donny is pushing boosters. That clown is in your circus man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems as though we are a long way from HB2's original post, but maybe this is a good way to ventilate feelings and emotions and regardless of particular position and  some of the things mentioned here are food for thought. This vaccination issue among many others in our lives such as politics, religion, abortion etc.  is very emotional in nature with strong extremes so there is a tendency to throw the baby out with the bath water, but civility is important too and is becoming rare or lacking in many of our societal contacts these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is only one way to stop all this nonsense is to stop with this Liberal , Conservative, Democrat, Republican…. Instead of taking there BS bait all the time and did what Gambler said and wrote our Congressmen and women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, fisherdude said:

How many people are out there drink and smoke do recreational drugs and they think the government is trying to feed them a vaccine that will change their DNA forever. Have another cigarette it won't hurt you one bit lol

Sent from my SM-A125U using Lake Ontario United mobile app


 

7052AE90-6743-453A-B352-0C8675E7B307.jpeg.da69526c0f21d3305aa1fa76c0fbc6c0.jpeg

60C57C50-1826-4AAF-B916-F178D1753D74.jpeg.e248f4cebcde43a30929a900efd01df0.jpeg7215DB7D-F99B-404F-86D4-2034EC3D83DC.jpeg.8546da031643e45943d3bbc12c579997.jpeg16B09301-54FA-49DE-96F9-8371BC373B0C.jpeg.7133e0308427403854072f9f72b36d26.jpeg

Edited by McWally
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will weigh in on a point that McWally made which I agree with entirely. It is beyond belief to me that the FDA is making decisions without consulting its advisory board, or even ignoring their recommendations entirely, My lab works on Alzheimer's, and the latest drug that was approved in spite of the board's reservations is IMHO a breach of both confidence and contract with the experts who are supposed to oversee this stuff. If you claim to follow the science, then listen to the scientists. The danger here is that Joe Public loses faith, as is obvious from this conversation. 

 

On a related note, the heads of NIH Institutes (and even the current head of the NIH itself, our own home-grown Larry Tabak from URMC) are tasked with serving as a conduit between politicians and scientists. If their messages aren't well-received, then they need to moderate them in order to have any impact whatsoever. It's better to have a seat at the table than not. But this means that they need to be somewhat circumspect in what they say and how they say it. That whole thing about judging not until you've walked a mile in a man's moccasins? Yeah, I think it applies.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gator said:

I will weigh in on a point that McWally made which I agree with entirely. It is beyond belief to me that the FDA is making decisions without consulting its advisory board, or even ignoring their recommendations entirely, My lab works on Alzheimer's, and the latest drug that was approved in spite of the board's reservations is IMHO a breach of both confidence and contract with the experts who are supposed to oversee this stuff. If you claim to follow the science, then listen to the scientists. The danger here is that Joe Public loses faith, as is obvious from this conversation. 

 

On a related note, the heads of NIH Institutes (and even the current head of the NIH itself, our own home-grown Larry Tabak from URMC) are tasked with serving as a conduit between politicians and scientists. If their messages aren't well-received, then they need to moderate them in order to have any impact whatsoever. It's better to have a seat at the table than not. But this means that they need to be somewhat circumspect in what they say and how they say it. That whole thing about judging not until you've walked a mile in a man's moccasins? Yeah, I think it applies.

Several prominent FDA folk with solid decades long track records have resigned. I am speculating here, but I’d guess for moral quandaries. I’m excluding Janet Woodcock here, that lady is partly responsible for Purdue getting its OxyContin mainstream and into the hands of pill mill Dr.s who got kickbacks galore. She’s just running away with her dress on fire, but I digress. Mandates and unethical practice will weed out the critical thinkers/moral objectors from the police, hospitals, FDA, Universities and armed forces before too long. If that sort of consolidation of obedience /thought under duress doesn’t spook you, you have failed History 101. And Gator, Joe Public needing faith as you put it, points to the fact that this is irrational, because what else is faith reserved for. We need to contend with the fact Totalitarian politics are a form of religion. After fleeing Nazi Germany Waldemar Gurian wrote: “ The totalitarian movements that have arisen after WW1 are basically religious movements. Their aim is not only to change political and social institutions, but also to remodel the nature of man and society.”

Carl Jung wrote: “The state takes the place of God...The socialist dictatorships are religious and state slavery is a form of worship.”

These man-made institutions are inherently irrational because they are built upon force, fear and lies and the lies grow larger. In a free and open society you build Joe Public’s confidence, not faith, through meritocracy and hierarchies built with competence, not power. With pundits like Cramer on CNBC Fast Money openly calling for forced vax through military intervention, well, that’s the power structure tipping its hand, and many faithful agree....

 


 

 

Edited by McWally
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, fisherdude said:

Only two things you can only rely on death and taxes my property taxes came in the mail today I'm vax. so I hope death is a long ways down the road

Sent from my SM-A125U using Lake Ontario United mobile app


 

So did mine, I guess my taxes are pretty cheap being way off in the north country, but have no reference having only ever lived here. I hope you have a 100 years of great health in front of you, truly, cheers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, finsntins said:

its not all political,its mostly monetary now.we know that the lefty socialist party is in bed with big pharm

You mean like MT Greene owning stock in the vax companies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 1:46 PM, GAMBLER said:

What has Biden done to slow down or stop this pandemic? I'll wait. 

I guess you missed the FEMA tent that he had set up in the old Kodak parking lot for free shots.  (Driving park & St paul)  What, What, What.....Free 1st shot.... free 2nd shot.....free booster?    What, what, what....couple weeks salary continuation for employers who had people out of work due to virus?   What, what, what....can't fire people who are out with covid?   What, what what....grants & startup money for SMALL businesses?   (More entrepeners now than ever)  What, what , what... rent relief grants to states for people that were out of work due to covid?  (& states not spending it)  What, what, what.....eviction moratorium for covid issues.   You get your free gov't masks or test kits yet?  So glad you sent your gov't stimulus checks back.  How about the regeneron that he sent to Florida, when DeSantis was begging for it?  Guess you missed Texas (Abbott's) press release on the 31st begging Feds to send medicine, medical personnel & test kits to him?  (Ivan said he'd help Red states & Blue were on their own...  guess what - both Fla & TX are red)  Guessing you only remember Ivan sending a ship to NY? (which BTW was only used for 9 non-covid related patients & Ivan held it up in Norfolk for over a month before it departed)  Hey, how about the big hoop-la Ivan made about giving Kodak $500M for  development of chemicals for a test (that we've been reminded of in this thread)  that doesn't work, or the $30M he gave Harvard for who knows what?  Guess you forgot those famous Ivan words: "It's no worse than the flu"..."this Kung-flu will be over by Easter"

 

What more do you want your government to do for you?  "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" (per B. Franklin) 

 

It's so much easier to make a mess than clean it up & Ivan was great at making that mess!  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LongLine said:

I guess you missed the FEMA tent that he had set up in the old Kodak parking lot for free shots.  (Driving park & St paul)  What, What, What.....Free 1st shot.... free 2nd shot.....free booster?    What, what, what....couple weeks salary continuation for employers who had people out of work due to virus?   What, what, what....can't fire people who are out with covid?   What, what what....grants & startup money for SMALL businesses?   (More entrepeners now than ever)  What, what , what... rent relief grants to states for people that were out of work due to covid?  (& states not spending it)  What, what, what.....eviction moratorium for covid issues.   You get your free gov't masks or test kits yet?  So glad you sent your gov't stimulus checks back.  How about the regeneron that he sent to Florida, when DeSantis was begging for it?  Guess you missed Texas (Abbott's) press release on the 31st begging Feds to send medicine, medical personnel & test kits to him?  (Ivan said he'd help Red states & Blue were on their own...  guess what - both Fla & TX are red)  Guessing you only remember Ivan sending a ship to NY? (which BTW was only used for 9 non-covid related patients & Ivan held it up in Norfolk for over a month before it departed)  Hey, how about the big hoop-la Ivan made about giving Kodak $500M for  development of chemicals for a test (that we've been reminded of in this thread)  that doesn't work, or the $30M he gave Harvard for who knows what?  Guess you forgot those famous Ivan words: "It's no worse than the flu"..."this Kung-flu will be over by Easter"

 

What more do you want your government to do for you?  "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" (per B. Franklin) 

 

It's so much easier to make a mess than clean it up & Ivan was great at making that mess!  

Relax. We got a "plan" now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to the topic:  If you want the shot, get the shot.  If you don't want the shot, don't get the shot.  Stop the BS that the gov't is going to save you and the BS that the gov't is going to kill you.  You have the right to decide what you want to do, so stop, make your decision and move on.  We had a saying in the Marine Corps:  "You can gripe, but quit your GD ****ing."

 

:smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LongLine said:

Back to the topic:  If you want the shot, get the shot.  If you don't want the shot, don't get the shot.  Stop the BS that the gov't is going to save you and the BS that the gov't is going to kill you.  You have the right to decide what you want to do, so stop, make your decision and move on.  We had a saying in the Marine Corps:  "You can gripe, but quit your GD ****ing."

 

:smile:

LOL!!!!! how do we have the right to decide when the lefty socialist government and the blue socialist states keep ramming mandates down our throats????how is that letting us decide what to do???millions of people were forced to get shots and boosters,the government made people either get vax or loose their jobs,how is that letting people make a decision for themselves???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two separate issues - voluntarily getting or not getting the vaccine OR mandating that the vaccine be administered or losing your job. At first I thought "God maybe it is necessary in order to get this thing under control when the virus was first attacking a couple years ago, but we sure have had a chance to see that it doesn't work and creates many more serious problems than it solves and as Americans we don't like the government telling us what to do and restrict our personal liberties or freedoms. That process has alienated us from the Government, the media, and done a disservice to our economy and the nation as a whole. It is clearer now that we are going to be living (or dying) with this virus for the future because worldwide the virus is free to mutate and even has appeared in the remote reaches of Antarctica. It can apparently spread from vaccinated as well as unvaccinated recipients so creating social/personal chaos by mandating vaccination makes no sense at this point no matter which side of the vaccination issue you are on. The overwhelming of hospitals and medical services is another issue and needs to be addressed separately.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about all the small businesses and restaurants that were forced to shut down ? Every day these people were begging to survive . Guess you may have missed that . 

 

What about all the free money for those who make more staying home than working ? Which is largely  to blame for the labor shortages and supply chain issues? 

I as a landlord have people that are still waiting for assistance because their employer was shut down . 

And the best part , I could not evict them , not that I would,  because the gov said I could not.  So I have to pay their utilities and pay my taxes and mortgage,  but can't evict non payers even if they can pay but don't have to . This has bankrupt  a lot of property owners . 

  

And Trump got the Vaccine done when Biden and Harris said it was not possible . And Kammy said she would not take it and encouraged others to do the same .How soon we forget . More worried about impeachment over stuff Brandon actually did .Remember that ? Seems to me Nancy and her crew made the mess . 

 Now they are crying that a lot , mostly minorities, which does not get reported ,  will not take the shot , which is available pretty much everywhere. 

 

We have had bad flus before and people die . That's life . I'm not afraid. And excuse Trump for being positive. 

We have more ventilators and other equipment than we will ever use because of him . So please,with the he did not do anything . 

 

Time for the  out of shape people of this country to  keep the junk they call food out of their face, get off their asses ,  and  start living a healthy lifestyle. That's a real OZ of prevention . 

So this stuff doesn't have as big of an impact .  

 

Did not think this post would go in this direction . 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

All I ask is the people that we elect to office to serve us , do  right by the American ,yes , American people . And I might not even agree with some of it . But most don't . One guy did , and look what they did to him . 

And they wonder why we don't trust them . I think they don't even care what we think . 

 

Stay healthy my friends . 

 

Edited by HB2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The focus here is internal as though we here in America, or the government etc. are at the root of the problems we are facing when in fact it is China. They are the root cause of this problem and what is being lost is the fact that they not only have been experimenting (and perhaps developing) biological weapons in their lab but now they will have much more data from across the world to use to make the virus more virulent and to escape the vaccines effectiveness. They have seen firsthand what the use of a virus can do globally to destroy economies, to weaken military responses, to weaken medical facilities, and to destroy morale of nations. As importantly, they have seen the impact that a pandemic can do to weaken adversaries to the point of desperation (e.g. underdeveloped countries with raw resources such as precious metals necessary for the production of vital products in the developed countries affecting everyone). A lot of this vaccination BS is a major distraction from the grave threat developing in the world from China's actions and desire to be "number one" and in control of the worlds resources.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sk8man said:

A lot of this vaccination BS is a major distraction from the grave threat developing in the world from China's actions and desire to be "number one" and in control of the worlds resources.

 

Who currently is "number one" and in control of the worlds resources?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hate to see a post on this forum, that a good deal of us hop onto daily/weekly to read and learn about a sport that we love and/or to get away from the daily stress of the outside world, head in this direction. The world is torn on this issue. The data can be misrepresented and the information disseminated a bit misleading. Absolutely be objective, be inquisitive but make your own decisions (when not mandated). I highly doubt that any arguing back and forth between members on this page will actually lead to a change in opinion but rather a place to vent. We are all frustrated in how long this has gone. 

 

If you got the vaccine and corresponding booster - I support you. If you are unvaccinated - I've got your back. 

 

Lets get back to planning for the 2022 season 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hate to see a post on this forum, that a good deal of us hop onto daily/weekly to read and learn about a sport that we love and/or to get away from the daily stress of the outside world, head in this direction. The world is torn on this issue. The data can be misrepresented and the information disseminated a bit misleading. Absolutely be objective, be inquisitive but make your own decisions (when not mandated). I highly doubt that any arguing back and forth between members on this page will actually lead to a change in opinion but rather a place to vent. We are all frustrated in how long this has gone. 
 
If you got the vaccine and corresponding booster - I support you. If you are unvaccinated - I've got your back. 
 
Lets get back to planning for the 2022 season 
Chris, said like a true gentleman, which you truly are.

This discussion is like watching a train wreck. You hate what is happening but somehow you just can't look away.

There are better forums than an outdoor forum to discuss devisive topics like politics (which this largely revolves around) and other topics that drive wedges between us rather than unite us (e.g. LOU).

And before any of you say "hey, you don't have to look, you don't have to participate", you are correct. Hopefully all future posts about politics and the pandemic will have appropriate titles so I can opt-out, train wreck or no train wreck.

Looking forward to the Niagara show where hopefully nobody tries to push their personal agenda down our throats.

Best wishes to all for a safe and successful 2022 fishing season and reaping the benefits of additional salmon stocking in the coming years.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...