Stinger scorpion spoons

Hi all, looking to diversify a bit more with my lures and spoons. Picked up some scorpions. Mostly fish the finger lakes and Ontario occasionally. Assuming i'd mainly be using them for silvers (browns, rainbows, landlocks). Some of the patterns...pink tuxedo, chicken wing, green glow alewife, monkey puke, chicken shack, mixed veggies. Any other scorpions that you'd suggest or is that good enough?

the tuxedo and alwife patterns work very well.you will get browns on ontario with them,but they perform much better for me on the adirondack lakes for landlocks,lakers,perch,and smallmouths.

I find that they work very well in spring, but as the season goes into summer and the natural bait grows larger they get to be less effective.  I always have bad luck with stinger spoons in general. it seems that they loose their paint job a lot faster than other brands.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, rolmops said:

I find that they work very well in spring, but as the season goes into summer and the natural bait grows larger they get to be less effective.  I always have bad luck with stinger spoons in general. it seems that they loose their paint job a lot faster than other brands.

Rolmops paint does suck. But that being said I do catch most of my fish on them. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, jmyers8 said:

If you guys need small spoons I may be able to help you out. Its primarily what we use one erie for walleye and I paint my own with powder paint that gets baked on and wont chip off20220311_133811.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Also interested I have a bunch of worn out scorpion spoons I can send u for paint. My fav color is blue veggies uv

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite are the Jr silver streaks from wolverine tackle as far as retail goes. I paint almost all my spoons I run on my charters and I too will be selling custom spoons here in the fingerlakes.  I can sell any of the silver streak sizes and colors as well as the custom stuff.   I have 500 2 1/4" copper blanks in smooth, hammered, prism, and chartreuse back hammered and smooth that will be here any day now and currently have about 200 Jr streaks in 20 + patterns.  My emphasis will be on proven walleye patterns but can paint any pattern and again all of the silver streak patterns I can get.  I'll have more info and lots of pics by may.  Any questions on spoons or walleye/tiger trips pm or call or text anytime 607-349 1750 Justin Okrepki Otisco lake guide service.

Warriors are solid producers too but the paint is worse than stingers...walleye chew the paint off 1st day usually.  I really love 1 of those colors too John!  I have a cool version of it I do I can send you a pic...it's one of my private patterns, but I'd share with my favorite tracker!  Plus I know you aren't a walleye guy!  lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Purple Tux and Purple Clown are hands down our most consistent producers on Cayuga North for spring and early summer.  Chart. Pooh Bear was great last year on clean board and short leadcore.  Behind boards and behind small divers is where I like to put those scorpions.

Mooseluc spoons  for finger lakes orange/copper, copper, rainbow, brown trout great for smaller lakes great for land locks,rainbows,browns. Use them in lake Champlain comes in different sizes.

Edited by thork9
Added

1 hour ago, Ecto2 said:

OH! Have a Crazy Ivan Sausage Gravey Milkshake that works good too!! Only one, hope i dont lose it to a toothy critter.

That spoon catches everywhere. Can't figure out why, just dose.