Shout out to Scotty downriggers

Been having an issue with my autostop clicking off, not staying on. I wasn't sure which riggers I had since I bought the boat used. Was looking for parts and the autostop switches are out of stock at fish307. So sent an email to Scotty to find out which riggers I had and see about the switch. Literally 15 minutes after sending the email I get a call from British Columbia, it's Scotty customer service with a few questions. They found it uncommon for that to happen but are sending a new switch out, no charge.

They have been great riggers except for the switch.

Great service especially since I didn't buy them new.

Sent from my moto g power using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Great to hear some companies still have pride in their products.  I bought 2 new otter boards a few years back and never ran them....apparently didn't send in my warranty card.  They sat in my cuddy and one of them warped beyond use.  The response I got back from big jon last week was...did you read the storage suggestion in the owners manual..and did you send in the warranty card?  The next email said they sell single boards if I'd like to buy another??   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Scotty customer service(in Canada) was great to me with faulty counters on my 10 year old 2116's. Apparently they outsourced the counters to a company in Malaysia. In 2 seasons i had about 10 counters fail on my 3 riggers.They admitted to me there was a bad batch of counters on some of there riggers. Each time replaced under warranty 100%. So the last batch they sent are holding up. Overall I'm a pretty happy Scotty customer. 

• Like 1