Sold / Closed Cannon Mini-Mag Electric Downrigger

34 minutes ago, Robo said:

I am in Pen Argyl PA. Do you know if the electrical plug mates with the standard Cannon battery wiring harness. I have two of those now.

Does everything operate properly and how old is the unit?

Thanks

Ian Robinson

My guess is it’s the second generation plug. I tested the up-and-down function and it works great. I don’t know how to test a positive ion control and I believe if it is positive I’m on control it has auto stop also and I don’t how to test that with the cable that’s on it because it’s coated. I had to buy this downrigger as a set with another one with the longer boom.  I did put a new cannon switch boot on it.

FE06A424-509A-4145-9843-AD4508E99A01.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Robo said:

Thanks for the feedback. I am somewhat reluctant to buy this model as Cannon no longer makes it?

Parts etc. could be a problem

They still make the parts go on the fish307.com and find all the parts for it. That’s Where I ordered the switch coverWhere I ordered the switch cover

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the wiring harness and it looks like I would need to buy a new set as the older style isn't offered by fish307.com. That runs approx. $57 dollars. Considering that other various small parts ($15) might be required for a rebuild I can't offer more than $115.