Trolling Main Line - recommendations/thoughts

Good Day, 

I have been very lucky with 7 years of trolling with the same line on my Tekota 300 and 500 reels. I have them spooled 100% with fluorocarbon line, no backer. I know, I know, why no backer? I did this to allow for long break offs if fishing and having the ability to continue fishing with the same rod/reel without having to address the issue until back at the dock. Also got a break for the large spool when purchased. It was costly, but more then once the idea has kept me fishing non-stop. Time to change the lines.

I was hoping to get some guidance and recommendations on line set up options and manufacturers. It has been 7 years since my bulk line purchase of FC and know there are many choices now. . I fish the Fingers only, so have been running 12- 14lb, with no issues. It seems there are better set ups available now? I am using 3/5/7 colors on three inline boards (good there). So the new line and setup would be for the DR's and the remaining inline boards. I am good with my Dipsey setup. And still have some of the original FF line for my 500's late in the Summer. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Dave

Thanks Jason, was thinking along those lines as well. I would end up with very long leaders I think. I just can't see dragging six planner boards with 20lb mono through the very clear water. Got to scare the fish a bit I would think. That is the main reason I went with the thin FC when I originally spooled.