This weather sucks balls!!!

Gill-T

I know this is a family site so apologies for my French but the title of this thread truly expresses the way I feel 😕. Thank god for trolling content on Youboob from guys such Russ Gahagan on his morning buzz podcast, Reel2reel podcasts and many others. You can even find interviews with local celebrities like Vince, Rick, and Casey from the Thrillseeker, Yankee Troller, and Dirty Goose respectively. I am not tech savvy enough to post anything educational so hats off to those captains that have taken their time to give back to the sport. With the snow piling up outside, I am hopeful to catch my flight out tomorrow to Charleston for a week exploring the inshore fishery around Beaufort SC. I will have a sea kayak at my disposal so looking forward to some paddle and cast time. I will attempt to capture some content without losing my phone overboard. COME ON SPRING!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

The deer don’t like it much and I haven’t seen a coyote in a long time. The road kills out back aren’t getting hit at all. 

I’ve had three deer out with cameras on them. The longest being there for three weeks. Not a single yote has stopped by any of them yet. Looks like a break in weather next week. Hopefully that kicks things off 

Gill, I agree. This weather does suck ...HB..you are correct also. Its where we live. Adapt and overcome. Took the daughter to Durand Eastman park today to take advantage of the groomed XC ski trails. It was totally awesome. Great conditions and beautiful views. We had a great time. Hate to say it, but hope snow sticks around for a minute for a few more trips

• Like 1

The weather following me. 38 degrees and BLOWING!!  I keep checking the little cut behind the house for fish movement with the tide changes but no signs of life yet. Hmmm neighbors have a Grady White…..I wonder if the keys are in it??

4AE796D9-6BE1-4B0D-8E30-1BE88DD8903C.jpeg

On 2/4/2022 at 7:45 PM, HB2 said:

It's winter , what do you expect . 

Lots of ice for ice fishing . And snow for snow mobiles 

An old fashioned winter 

So much for global warming 

The weather even sucks for ice fishing.  Deep snow and slush on top makes for rough conditions. 

Weather finally broke down here. First expedition on sea kayak for an hour resulted in a skunk 🦨.  I tried blind casting a chatterbait around some oyster beds at low tide. I had a little excitement when the water near me erupted with water spraying everywhere with giant fins sticking up in the air. I couldn’t believe my eyes as two dolphin get sideways and squeeze themselves around a island reef from a side cut, around the tip of the island in one foot of water. I thought for sure they were going to be stuck until the tide rose but they power flopped through right past me. They acted like they knew what they were doing. I have been reading how these dolphin terrorize the redfish and trout by corralling them in shallow dead end cuts. I will not complain about cormorants anymore!  

4277D167-3CF8-4574-9856-37345BCDF605.jpeg

• Like 1

Why does anyone live here if they don’t like winter?????? It about Damn time we got a real winter again - ice fishing , snowmobiling , skiing, grouse hunting in snowshoes . This is the best winter in years!

Our country is getting softer daily - now we close schools for 3” of snow and roads plowed to the pavement 

• Like 1

Beauties!  No fishing for me. There is zero bait and zero fish inshore due to recent cold snap here in Beaufort. Weird to see zero boats out. Zero fishermen bank or pier fishing. The weather finally hit 60 degrees here today so hopefully I see some movement of fish up from the ocean. Funny  that I am here in SC and I watched two fishing shows yesterday. One was a 411 episode that took place at Olcott this summer, and another was a Facts of Fishing episode that took place off the windmills off Buffalo on Lake Erie. Only proves how blessed we are. 

Edited by Gill-T

• 1 month later...

The way these weekends keep shaping up, we are going to bypass shoreline brown trout season and head right into king chasing. I have been deer scouting to keep from losing my mind. 

Edited by Gill-T

• 4 weeks later...