Need Help deciding on Garmin Head unit for PANOPTIX

Looking purchase a Garmin PS30 Transducer but can't decide on a head unit.  The unit will be placed on the back of the boat out in the elements (only while using it).  Minimum 7" screen but looking for a 9". 

I only need this for PANOPTIX, already have a raymarine GPS linked to my autopilot and a 585 Furuno for regular sonar.  Any advice or suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks,
Eric 

41 minutes ago, FISHIN' ADDICTION said:

also before you set on the ps30, cabelas has the actual livescope for 1299 starting the 10th.

From what I am reading the live cope as a very narrow cone angle and would no be conducive for Salmon Trolling?   

LV 30 does not have perspective view you need the  LVS 32 system. Also I am not sure but if you use active captain on your cell you can watch on that. If you can you could put it on an ipad for a bigger screen. 

I have ECHOMAP 73sv, GPSMAP 743xsv, and GPSMAP 943xsv's at Krenzer Marine in stock as well as PS30 transducers. If you never plan to run radar you can stick with the ECHOMAP series. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

If you truly don't want it for anything but to run the PS30 you cold go ECHOMAP 72/92sv. These have basemaps and no transducer. I can get those.

Edited by Yankee Troller

• 1 year later...

First time post,

I just purchased a PS30 transducer and looking for good information on how to mount to a transom with a single outboard. I have a 230WA Cobia with single Yamaha F225 outboard. Questions I have are the following:

1) I can't mount in the center of the transom with the outboard in the way. I have a transducer for sonar on starboard side and a transducer for the fishhawk on port side. I think it would be best to mount offset to center port side towards fishhawk transducer.

2) Once the transducer is mounted, how does the view see around the outboard? If mounted on port side, I will it see downriggers on starboard side with the outboard int eh way of the view.

I have attached an image of location where I am thinking of mounting the PS30 transducer. Just to the right of the fishhawk transducer. Is this a good mounting location?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

20230303_144615.jpg

If you already the PS30 transducer, I think the best bang for your buck would be the ECHOMAP ULTRA 106SV (GT54 Transducer) the processing speed is supposed to be four times faster than the 

7" and 9" models and the pixel count is almost doubled for better clarity. STARTING ON MARCH 9, 2023 BASS PRO AND CABELAS HAS THEM ON SALE FOR $999.99. the ps30 will plug right in.

they are facinating units. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW ADVENTURE.