Oneida Walleye fishing

reeltrout

Thinking of going to Oneida for walleye tomorrow for the first time. Was wondering what for lures and techniques to use? Not looking for anyone's hot spots, just wondering how to get started. FOW to start? Just jigging or would it be worth setting tipups?

Lewis pt is a great place to start. Jigging Rapala's, rotjaw, moonshine's shiver minnow. Natural colors can't go wrong with most days. Firetiger, glow perch are a good choice as well. Get some buckeye minnows rip them in half and put the head in the treble hook. I use the tail also. Godfrey pt is also a good place with a great tackle store as well. Hope this help's good luck. What is the deal with the collage access on Keuka?

Edited by brucehookedup

12 minutes ago, brucehookedup said:

Lewis pt is a great place to start. Jigging Rapala's, rotjaw, moonshine's shiver minnow. Natural colors can't go wrong with most days. Firetiger, glow perch are a good choice as well. Get some buckeye minnows rip them in half and put the head in the treble hook. I use the tail also. Godfrey pt is also a good place with a great tackle store as well. Hope this help's good luck. What is the deal with the collage access on Keuka?

Thanks a lot for the info. I don't really know what the deal is by the college. It really sucks. I seen someone come out from there the other day. probably the worst thing that would happen is you get a notice on your windshield. 

Years ago security told me they would tow me if I parked there again and they took down my license plate number so I figured it wasn't worth the hassle.

There were people entering from the collage on Sunday. I went in at the pines. Didn't mark any Lakers and only found tiny perch in shallow. Left at noon. First time fishing that lake and won't be back without a machine. Walked out to 80' and should have went deeper. Probably should have just parked at the collage and payed the ticket. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Reeltrout, my son and I were thinking of going to oneida at some point soon. We even got permission from the boss (wife) to play hooky from work/school. Any suggestions for access? Where did you go out of if you don't mind me asking? North shore or south? Had a couple spots in mind but wasn't sure how parking is. Looks like chapman is quick access to deeper water. Any help is appreciated. 

2 hours ago, troutman10 said:

Reeltrout, my son and I were thinking of going to oneida at some point soon. We even got permission from the boss (wife) to play hooky from work/school. Any suggestions for access? Where did you go out of if you don't mind me asking? North shore or south? Had a couple spots in mind but wasn't sure how parking is. Looks like chapman is quick access to deeper water. Any help is appreciated. 

Yeah we walked out from Lewis Point. Parking lot was almost full when we got there at 8:30 on a Tuesday. Not to bad of a walk, just walked out to where other tents were. Thinking of trying it myself again. Good luck!

6 hours ago, brucehookedup said:

You got to get there a lot earlier than 830 I would suggest 6 AM and that could possibly be late as the daylight gets earlier every day

Yeah I know, at this point work keeps me at home till 700 and again in the evening. I dream of someday hopefully fishing, and trolling Ontario before the sun is up!